1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

REAL Cheap motels?

Anybody have any experience with the really cheap motels in Branson? Ya know, the 2 for $34 places along the strip. Just my son and I for this Friday, and Saturday nights. No need for a lot of amenities, just a clean place to sleep, and take a bath. I don't even know if there are any open off season.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

you should try gretna inn. I believe its open.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

This Trip Advisor listing shows motels from lowest to highest price along with reviews.
You could probably get a better price by calling the place direct.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch...rder:SpriceLow

Daddy, Now can we turn our flag right side up??
Old 01-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Great! I got a room at Knights Inn thousand Hills for $36 per night through Hotels.com. Perfect, Just a couple miles to Lilly's, and Cooper Creek Access where we'll pick up my boat, and launch for the tournament.
Thanks DD for the link!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Great value motel!

While it was just for a place to relax a bit, watch TV, shower, and sleep for my son and I it turned out to be a great motel for the money. Two of our buddies also fishing the tournament stayed there also, and had the same opinion. Clean, comfortable, and very friendly and helpful people. They even have an area in the parking lot with electrical outlets to charge your trolling motor batteries if you have a boat with you. Simple, but adequate free breakfast with the usual doughnuts, packaged danish, cereal. Plus microwave breakfast sandwiches, burritos, and toaster waffles. Coffee, juice, and milk.
Also a 10% discount at Lone Star across the street!
I think this will be my place to stay when I want to come to Branson and Lilley's Landing is booked up!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Anybody have any experience with the really cheap motels in Branson? Ya know, the 2 for $34 places along the strip. Just my son and I for this Friday, and Saturday nights. No need for a lot of amenities, just a clean place to sleep, and take a bath. I don't even know if there are any open off season.
well..here's a good one for ya....that place right next to Casa Fuentes, just a few rooms....used to be REALLY cheap! Back before moving here we stayed there ONE night, prob in '99,....got 2 rooms....really cheap, were told they were non-smoking.....the smoke was so thick in there we couldn't breathe....a 9 year old Hispanic boy checked us in. We left EARLY the next day in search of a place clean and smoke free, (i'm still coughing). Not much later on my CC was a double charge, so i called the motel and called the motel...for days....always Senora so and so was unavailable but they would see that she called me back....finally i called the CC company, within a few days CC company tells me the motel can't produce any evidence that i even stayed there so they took all charges off the CC. But i can tell you FREE still wasn't worth it. Stay in a place that you know a little about and know is clean. And for God's sake please bring your own pillow .......i used to work at a Hotel...a nice one....and you really should use your own pillow....just sayin'.....

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 01-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

OMG i hope i didn't get off topic.....

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 01-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

No, you didn't Zach. Very good advise. When I found Nights Inn Thousand Hills on Motels.com there were quite a few very good reviews of it, and only a few that to me seemed to be nit picking.
Now I will say it probably wouldn't be for the Chateau on the Lake or Hilton crowd, but it was purdy dern gud fer dis ole redneck!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
elvisguitarman

I am guessing the REAL cheap places are for the local transients and Meth-Heads.

Beware --- you get what you pay for
Old 01-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisguitarman View Post
I am guessing the REAL cheap places are for the local transients and Meth-Heads.

Beware --- you get what you pay for
If you notice in post #5 I found exactly what I was looking for. A very good motel at a great price. Hardly anybody else there, but great service all the same.
Nights Inn Thousand Hills is definitely on my option list for future stays!

Closed Thread