1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 08:05 AM   #31
Sharon Willson
BransonSister

For Jimmy Ponder and family

My prayers go out to you, Dianna, and your family at this time. I know things are not as bad as first reported here, but God will undertake for all of you in this time. Jimmy, you did one terrific job getting this group organized, your diligence has paid off. I am sending deepest prayers also to your fellow workers at Branson Brothers, The BEST Show in Branson. Keep up the great work for Jimmy as he recuperates.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:08 PM   #32
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Thumbs up

Great News.

Last Sept my husband had a heart attack and was airlifted to Springfield...had a procedure...was up and running in 3 weeks...back to work, eating right, exercising more...and doing just fine.

The Medical procedures and followup care, is amazing these days.....

Praise God.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #33
Bransonoutsider
Former Branson Insider

The Branson Brothers are back open as of today. Jimmy is not in the show this week, but is planning on coming back in September. They already had a planned vacation on their schedule beginning this weekend so that will give him extra time to recover. There has been some temporary changes in the show while he is out but everyone at the theatre who had sat in on the rehersals said they still sound great.

The Branson Brothers will be adding two 8pm shows to their schedule on Friday and Saturday night (labor day weekend). Bart Rockett was orginally scheduled to be in that slot, but he will be appearing on a cruise ship in Alaska and his flight won't get them back in time. He will reopen as scheduled on labor day weekend Sunday, Sep. 3rd with 5:30pm and 8:00pm
shows.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:20 PM   #34
loves2fish
Voted #1, Best, Poster !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransontruth
Just a note- keep your thoughts on Jimmy Ponder. He suffered a major heart attack Thurs.
If he read your "review" or (roast) of their show, it would give any performer enough stress for a heart attack.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:41 AM   #35
bransontruth
Setting things straight

Fish-- a huge pile of chum

Fish, you've said MANY ignorant things on this board, but this last post takes the cake.

Saying that an honest review would cause a heart attack is about as accurate as saying that you should be the Mayor of Branson. There are many medical reasons for a heart attack, and reading a review is not one of them. Did you get your medical advice from Doogie Howser?

If you don't like my honest reviews then don't read them. If anyone thinks they are great enough to be on a stage, then they have to be great enough to take honest feedback. If you can't stand the heat...then get out of the kitchen.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:33 AM   #36
MissouriMule
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransontruth
Fish, you've said MANY ignorant things on this board, but this last post takes the cake.

Saying that an honest review would cause a heart attack is about as accurate as saying that you should be the Mayor of Branson. There are many medical reasons for a heart attack, and reading a review is not one of them. Did you get your medical advice from Doogie Howser?

If you don't like my honest reviews then don't read them. If anyone thinks they are great enough to be on a stage, then they have to be great enough to take honest feedback. If you can't stand the heat...then get out of the kitchen.
Stress is one of the number one causes of heart attacks, however the original review is of so little crediblity ,that I doubt it was a contributing factor.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:50 PM   #37
chime

Has anyone got an update on Jimmy?
Old 08-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #38
nickel72
Ultra Member

I ran into Jimmy last week ... you can tell he is still a little weak, but he looks good. He is trying to get some rest while still "producing" the show. I swear I think the man was back to work about 3 or 4 days after it all went down. They are currently on vacation, but I think he will still be out of the show another week or so. My thoughts and prayers go out to him, his family and his work family. We are looking forward to you getting back on stage Jimmy.

God Bless
Old 08-23-2006, 08:53 PM   #39
kansashusker
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the update on Jimmy. Glad to hear he's doing better.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #40
MissouriMule
Super Ultra Member

Jimmy Ponder will return to the stage tonight at 8:00 p.m. with the Branson Brothers!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:53 PM   #41
STLSPORTSFAN

This is awesome news! I'm so glad Jimmy is doing better. Don't over do it, Jimmy. Please continue to take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. God Bless You!
Old 08-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #42
Country Gal
Carrie Underwood Fan

So glad to hear the good news....thanks for letting us know...Praise God!!
Old 08-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #43
mrmiczim

Glad to hear that he will be back on stage. GL Jimmy!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:52 PM   #44
jrnew
Tyler James is HERE!

We were at Monday nights show, it was very enjoyable! This morning we went to Motown Experience and while walking out of the theater Jimmy was walking in.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:11 AM   #45
BobC
Super Ultra Member

Jimmy appears fine.

We saw Jimmy Ponder last night co-hosting the Branson Spotlight wildcard competition. He looked great, as if he hadn't been hospitalized at all. He did a good job co-hosting with Cheryl Gabriel. I'm glad to see he's back on stage; just hope he doesn't over do it.

Closed Thread