1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
ggh
Super User

Dogwood Canyon

I'm wishing winter away, by dreaming about the dogwoods blooming, and our first bike ride, with a picnic lunch, through Dogwood Canyon with the granddaughters. Fun times are just around the corner!

What fun Branson area activity are you dreaming about on these short winter days?
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

My fun Branson Activity happens year round, but I'm counting the days 'till my week long stay starting January 30!
As far as Spring, I think I'll try to talk DW into a visit to Dogwood Canyon.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
My fun Branson Activity happens year round, but I'm counting the days 'till my week long stay starting January 30!
As far as Spring, I think I'll try to talk DW into a visit to Dogwood Canyon.
We took the tram ride through Dogwood Canyon last year, late spring, early summer. It was beautiful and we really enjoyed it
Old 01-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

We'll probably be in Branson for Plumb Nellie Days May 17-19. How is Dogwood Canyon during that time of the year? Or would it be better a little earlier, like mid to late April? Probably be making a birthday trip around the 18th also.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
We'll probably be in Branson for Plumb Nellie Days May 17-19. How is Dogwood Canyon during that time of the year? Or would it be better a little earlier, like mid to late April? Probably be making a birthday trip around the 18th also.
I can't imagine being disappointed at Dogwood Canyon, any time of year - so long as you are dressed and prepared for the weather. Take a cold bottle of water,or some warm gloves and wear layers!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

I took the Dogwood Canyon tram tour in October. It was beautiful & the guide was EXCELLENT!!! Take the first one of the day. I don't know if they feed the animals during the other times. Afterwards, I went to Big Cedar & had lunch at Truman's Smokehouse. (Had already tried both the Devil's Pool & Worman House restaurants, both of which are A #1!)
Old 01-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #7
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I can't imagine being disappointed at Dogwood Canyon, any time of year!
I can't either & like someone said, the commentary about the history of the place & other facts that are given on the tram tour were well worth it to me.

Likewise, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed in the food at the restaurants at Big Cedar! I've travelled all over the world, and BC's food for a resort isn't priced badly at all. Plus it's very good quality, tasty, and large servings. Since i had a kitchen where i was staying in Branson, i was able to take out what i couldn't finish & had another meal. ONE item on the menu of all their dining spots is $40. Would I order that? NO, because I do squeak. . But the bulk of the dinner menu items are in the $25 and under range & I think Worman also had 4 or 5 great choices for under $20.

I know my dinner there cost me less than the Keeter Center (which I also loved!). Now, of course their restaurants are not the type of place you'd go to every day, for every meal, but I'd encourage anyone to try it before you knock it. . Also, for lunch, their Truman House offerings are not really out of line with lunch prices in Branson.

PS - I also encountered very nice & helpful staff there, and I was not lodging there. And, I have absolutely no connection with the company!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
JoseyWales2
Super Ultra Member

Canned adventure

Its a gorgeous setting altho a canned adventure. Kinda sad.

Closed Thread