1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Old 07-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
mandytg

Branson Food pics

I was asked to put up these pictures and start a new thread. We got this idea from a Disney forum. All you do is take pictures of the food you have on your trip, tell what it is and where it from and a short review if you like.

I'll start with everyones favorite- Danna's! Which we went to because of this forum! Thanks for the reviews. It was really good! We will be going back next trip for sure! My only complaint . . . no potato salad! And the rolls . . . I could eat a plate of just the rolls!

I'l already deciding what to get next time, although it will be over a year before we got back . . . how sad!

Pictures are; the bbq nachos and rib plate, me enjoying my rib plate and the aftermath!
Attached Images

mandytg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

HOORAY! You started the food photo thread! I haven't been to Branson this year but here are my BBQ Nachos from Danna's (Branson West location) from last year. YUM YUM YUM!!! We can't wait to have them again over Labor Day.

LoveToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
mandytg

Montana Mike's

I was all excited to try this place, but it was a let-down for me. We had the potato boats- excellent, salads- yummy and my husband had the mountain topper chicken with loaded mashed potatoes and I had the steak and chicken with loaded mashed potatoes. I found the steak and chicken very bland and the chicken was dry. I expected grilled, flame-kissed meat. There were grill marks on the steak, but it sure didn't taste grilled. The potatoes tasted just plain nasty, and I love all things potato! They just had an old taste or something, I can't really describe it. We won't be going back there. I have read many different opinions of MM's on here and I have to join the thumbs down crowd on this one . . .
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #4
mandytg

other . . .

Here are pictures from our breakfast at the Bradford Inn. We ate there both mornings and the food was good. Nothing spectacular, but definitely more than regular continental you get at other places. The owner cooks your eggs to order, they also have sausage, biscuits, waffles (freshly-made) 3 or more pastry choices and fruit. We had pretty much the same thing both days so I just included one day. Also is a pic of my favorite snack I got while we were there, fudge from The Fudgery at Branson Landing. I know there is a big "who has the best fudge" debate, but I liked this. I love fudge, but only make it a christmas, so this was a great treat.

After adding that last attachment I said I had reached my quota. Does that mean I can't add anymore pics? That's all my food pics, but I was going to add pics in the Lodging and Attraction threads. Anyone know?
Attached Images

Last edited by mandytg; 07-29-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
littleg
Super Ultra Member

Smile

Those nachos are making me hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
littleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #6
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Great thread! I have food photos from Disney World but none from Branson. I will try and get some on our next trip.
ThunderHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #7
scoobydoo

omgoodness now I am starving!

here are some of our food pics
this is from SDC those potatoe thingies and a fajita skillet

Next Dannas BBQ-one word HEAVEN

I took a bite before I took the pic...

This one is of the pit smoked platter for 2

O-Rings
Old 07-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
karoinbranson
God Bless You !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandytg View Post
I was all excited to try this place, but it was a let-down for me. We had the potato boats- excellent, salads- yummy and my husband had the mountain topper chicken with loaded mashed potatoes and I had the steak and chicken with loaded mashed potatoes. I found the steak and chicken very bland and the chicken was dry. I expected grilled, flame-kissed meat. There were grill marks on the steak, but it sure didn't taste grilled. The potatoes tasted just plain nasty, and I love all things potato! They just had an old taste or something, I can't really describe it. We won't be going back there. I have read many different opinions of MM's on here and I have to join the thumbs down crowd on this one . . .
mandytg........did you eat at the Montana Mikes on the 76 strip or the one on Hwy 248????????

Last edited by karoinbranson; 07-29-2008 at 03:26 PM.
karoinbranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #9
mandytg

On the 76 strip next to the Titanic museum.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #10
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandytg View Post
On the 76 strip next to the Titanic museum.
thats the bad one....

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Zach7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #11
mandytg

I wish I would have known that before . . . like I said, the potato skins and salad were really good, so I was expecting the meal to be as good, but I can get a much better steak and grilled chicken breast with an awesome potato here in Arkadelphia at The Hamburger Barn.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:51 PM   #12
mandytg

Get food pics on your next trip!

Hey! I just wanted to ask people to try to get food pics on their upcoming trips so we can live vicariously through you! Please post them on her when you back!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:16 AM   #13
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

Hey, I sent you a pm,
I see you already were given advice...

Great idea for thread,
I never take pictures of the food,
I might have to start....
fordarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #14
mandytg

Hey! All you guys who went to Branson over the weekend, do you have any food pics for us?

I'd love to see pictures from Billy Bob's if anybody has them or is going soon!

Last edited by mandytg; 08-06-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:24 AM   #15
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

UPTOWN CAFE

COBBLER AND ICE CREAM AT SAVANNAH HOUSE

DANNAS BBQ

CHRISTISAM2001 is offline   Reply With Quote