View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 07:38 AM   #8
billj598

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Yes, I thought that could be a viable reason. However, even though legal by MDC regulations I think it is unethical to stay on your stand until the legal 1/2 hour after sunset. Especially during an archery hunt where having to track a deer in the dark is a very high possibility. Making losing the deer a much larger possibility than if you had an hour or more of good light.
Back to the original point of this thread, I find it interesting these guys were caught. In over 25 years of fishing on Taneycomo I have never been checked by an agent. A few years ago, and now again recently I have been approached by MDC employees, not agents, surveying fishermen. But they haven't even asked to see a permit, and only went by what I told them I had in the livewell. They did however want to measure one nice fish while I was fishing a tournament....and almost dropped it in the lake!
We used to get checked by a Creel Census MDC guy regularly on TR but he became ill and passed away. That was years ago and they never replaced him.

Kinda' welcomed his "checks" cause he was always ready to pass on some info from others about what they were biting on
billj598 is offline   Reply With Quote