View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
MelanieHamilton
Super Ultra Member

Farmers' Market ???

Are we ever going to get a Farmers' Market, here in Branson? I just got back from the grocery store. I bought about 15 items...things like 2-apples, 2-oranges, 2, Romaine Lettuce and a container of fresh strawberries. I did buy 4 items off of the dollar aisle, and a package of toilet paper...half gallon of almond milk, a 16-ounce tub of yogurt, and frozen blueberries (because the fresh blueberries are outrageously priced). Guess how much my bill was...$47-something!

The two avocados were almost $5. The package of frozen blueberries was $7-something and believe me, fresh blueberries would have been $15 for the same amount. And, they wonder why people don't eat healthy food! And, they wonder why people eat the dollar items, at McDonald's, Wendy's, and Taco Bell.

If I drove to the Springfield Farmers' Market, I'd have to buy so much (to make it worth the gas money)...it would all rot before we ate it all. We need a Farmers' Market in Branson. They said we were supposed to have one every week, downtown. But, I have never seen one.

~ Lewis Carroll... "Alice in Wonderland"
MelanieHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote