View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 04:35 PM   #2
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

After reading your reviews, I realized I had not been to the Presleys for about 2 years, so decided to catch their show this last weekend.

When the curtain rose and they started playing and singing, my first thoughts were, wow, this is definitely not he Haygoods, or even Clay Cooper, for that matter, shows which I see at least 2 or 3 times each year. HOWEVER, it only took 2 or 3 songs until I was really enjoying the Presleys. Really enjoying. It was fun to still have an “older style” country show in Branson, reminiscent of the good old days.

Herikmer still wasn’t there, but Cecil did just fine, playing off the MC for his “straight man”. Since I had not seen the show for a couple years, I did enjoy “Hot Rod Lincoln” and Cecils accompanying skit very much. Cecil was just as funny as always.

If I had a complaint, or rather a suggestion of the show, it would be that, during several very good guitar only solos, involving from 1-3 musicians/guitars, it was that they need to be TURNED UP HIGHER IN VOLUME, as they were much to low. But maybe the old timers in the audience have their hearing aids turned up vey “hot”? I don’t know...

I really enjoyed both the gospel segment (WOW!), and the second half Christmas themed show. Superb, both of these!

I really missed the “Sunday Gospel Singalong” pre show upstairs, but, that can’t be helped this year. But that is such fun when they do have it.

If you haven’t seen the Presleys, or if its been awhile, I recommend it highly. Their social distancing is quite “distant”, I sat 3rd row from front, and felt like I had the entire theater to myself...lots of people sat way back that night. So, I think anyone worried about being crowded can have peace of mind.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote