1Branson.com

1Branson.com (http://www.1branson.com/forum/index.php)
-   Branson Missouri Other (http://www.1branson.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   One Less Curve on W 76 HWY (http://www.1branson.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74275)

NotJLB 07-10-2014 05:25 PM

One Less Curve on W 76 HWY

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/constr...48998_26887480

biscuitcreek 07-10-2014 06:09 PM

Significant construction will take place on 76 between the Highroad and 265 -- rock blasting to move the highway, etc. Hometown Radio says it will start on July 14th, KY3 says it will start July 21. Work is supposed to continue into December.

http://www.hometowndailynews.com/212...elocated_.html

Will make it challenging driving to and from SDC, Indian Point, and Branson West the rest of the year.

Kalt 07-10-2014 06:12 PM

Aww man, I really like that section. The only good news I can see coming out of this is that they're extending it to two lanes each direction which means no more bottlenecks right there.

perky4branson 07-10-2014 09:24 PM

Sounds like some more of the "Ozark Beauty" is going to disappear. They just keep taking out more and more trees. After awhile will it just be all "rocks" instead?? We've always come down to see the tress, flowers, etc. but they just keep disappearing as more building takes place. They used to build around them. Now it's "push them out" and move on. Too bad....
Perky4branson:(

MNtraveler 07-11-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perky4branson (Post 835837)
Sounds like some more of the "Ozark Beauty" is going to disappear. They just keep taking out more and more trees. After awhile will it just be all "rocks" instead?? We've always come down to see the tress, flowers, etc. but they just keep disappearing as more building takes place. They used to build around them. Now it's "push them out" and move on. Too bad....
Perky4branson:(

I hate seeing land cleared for new shopping centers and condo developments, but can put up with it for safer roads.

:) :)

DalmatianDad 07-11-2014 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson (Post 835829)
Yeah...... the locals don't bother to slow down; they just straddle the yellow line.....:duh:
Another reason for the large number of single car fatalities in this area....

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJLB (Post 835853)
How many are there?

Not to confuse straddling the center line with other driving issues, but most of the Ozark American accidents I hear about are from dropping a wheel off the right side and hitting a culvert, or overcorrecting.

Being cognizant of your observation, on those curves I favor the right side of my lane, and assume the natives will want part of my lane near the center line. It seems to be more sensible than having them hit me.

I am a dog-lover, and if they hit me with their pickup, no telling where their dog would wind up.

When my nephew did that, dropped a wheel off the right and hit a culvert, and then wrecked, DW said, "and at hospital they could not find one of his kidneys." I pictured folks out along the road looking for it.

:cool:

She didn't say crossovers are the primary reason for single car accidents, but they without a doubt plentiful, along with failure to use seatbelts and distracted driving.
Put them all together and you have brainless driver on curvy, narrow, shoulderless road, no seatbelt, texting, crosses center line and/or drops off road (or a combo of both)--Result??
Oh, I could add tailgating, speeding, vehicle with mechanical problems, alcohol, drugs, trees very close to the road, but we don't need all that overkill--just a few will git ur done.:duh::duh:

quiet65 07-11-2014 01:24 PM

I almost got rear ended in forsyth when I was signaling to turn in somewhere.:eek:
I love driving the hills but some of the folks around here have a little bit of an issue in the brain dept.:duh:
I wonder how they would do on a city road:rolleyes:

DalmatianDad 07-11-2014 04:12 PM

At least one good thing about this project is that it will help unsnarl some of the SDC traffic. Now you get into 4 lanes over the bridge only to go down to 2 lanes which then goes back to 4 lanes at the light. Problem is, either way you end up funneled into one lane if you are going to SDC.:banghead::banghead:

OkieAnon 07-11-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DalmatianDad (Post 835911)
At least one good thing about this project is that it will help unsnarl some of the SDC traffic. Now you get into 4 lanes over the bridge only to go down to 2 lanes which then goes back to 4 lanes at the light. Problem is, either way you end up funneled into one lane if you are going to SDC.:banghead::banghead:

and there's always those idiots that think they are smarter than everyone else and rather than sit in the slower moving lane they'll get in the outside lane at the bridge to find it suddenly ends... or going to SDC to find out that .... Hey I can't turn into SDC from this lane, someone please let me in.

rjw1991A1 07-11-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkieAnon (Post 835912)
and there's always those idiots that think they are smarter than everyone else and rather than sit in the slower moving lane they'll get in the outside lane at the bridge to find it suddenly ends... or going to SDC to find out that .... Hey I can't turn into SDC from this lane, someone please let me in.

They don't suddenly find out anything! They know exactly What they are doing. They are more important than others, and must be first. Or at least ahead of the people they cut off to get back in the lane that doesn't end.

Crazy4Branson 07-11-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkieAnon (Post 835912)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 (Post 835913)
They don't suddenly find out anything! They know exactly What they are doing. They are more important than others, and must be first. Or at least ahead of the people they cut off to get back in the lane that doesn't end.

I see fools pull this stunt on The Strip.... They pull out of the line of traffic, roar up the "turning/emergency lane" for a few 100 yards, then try to worm their way back into the line of traffic... :duh:
Usually some city dude in a new shiny extended cab Escalade or Suburban..:rolleyes: :D

OkieAnon 07-12-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 (Post 835913)

I know, I was being sarcastic. I always laugh when one attempts this and then nobody will let them in, figure serves them right.

OkieAnon 07-12-2014 09:31 AM

I remember reading a few years ago there was a news story that SDC was planning to connect or add to their parking by expanding east and having an entrance to the road that goes to the dam, 265 isn't it.. somewhere in the area of the Wilderness campgrounds.

at the time it sounded like this was a sure thing, never heard a word about it since.

biscuitcreek 07-16-2014 09:18 AM

KY3 has a few more details. Project does start 7/21 and most of the work is supposed to be done at night. That will really make it challenging traveling to and from SDC for Old Time Christmas in November and December.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/branso...48998_26972690

Crazy4Branson 07-16-2014 10:31 AM

Appears to me, that this multi-million dollar project, done with taxpayers' money is being done mostly for the benefit of SDC's customers & owners.....

If SDC was not in that location, there would be no need to turn 76 into a 4-lane super slab..... jmo