1Branson.com

1Branson.com (http://www.1branson.com/forum/index.php)
-   Just for Chit Chat (http://www.1branson.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fall (http://www.1branson.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86341)

OkieAnon 09-26-2019 08:53 AM

Fall

so yesterday it was 102 out, today it's 65 and a cool drizzle, tomorrow it's supposed to be in the mid 90's with severe storms possible, talk about a roller coaster.

SHOW GAL 09-26-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkieAnon (Post 934714)
so yesterday it was 102 out, today it's 65 and a cool drizzle, tomorrow it's supposed to be in the mid 90's with severe storms possible, talk about a roller coaster.

One good thing about it, if you don't like the current weather around here, stick around, it will change. We are getting ready to dip into some cooler weather here in the KC area and also some rain.

OkieAnon 10-03-2019 07:52 AM

two months of drought, today two inches of rain so far and still coming down in buckets... last few days temps in the upper 80's and low 90's humid and sticky out and today rain north winds and 50 degrees.

must be fall, bowl of chili sounds good for supper tonight.

soxster 10-03-2019 11:54 AM

Noticed a little color change in the dogwood trees in my neck of the woods. I think that last bout of heat and dryness might have taken a toll on some of the tree colors, some are looking brown/dry already. In a couple of weeks we will know.

craftemp 10-03-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkieAnon (Post 934714)

We are having huge swings in NJ as well... There was a 37 degree difference between yesterday and today..

OkieAnon 10-12-2019 09:17 PM

Dont think in my area going to be a very pretty fall, 2 nights hard freezes and leaves are just curling up and falling off without turning color.

OkieAnon 10-17-2019 01:16 PM

so I'm sitting at home eating lunch and with the tv on and only partly listening when I hear the weather girl say... yes it's true a possible winter storm as far south as Oklahoma with winter type precipitation in about 10 days.

soxster 10-17-2019 01:25 PM

Nothing like big wet snow flakes to intermingle in the fall color. Nature at its best or worst depending on your mood.

OkieAnon 10-17-2019 03:44 PM

probably egg, milk and bread sales are needing a boost.

soxster 10-17-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkieAnon (Post 935089)
probably egg, milk and bread sales are needing a boost.

Maybe they were out of leaf rakes. :rolleyes:

biscuitcreek 10-18-2019 08:12 AM

Persimmons starting falling from the trees about a week ago. We didn't have any last year. Haven't cut open of any of the persimmons to see if there is a knife, fork, or spoon -- don't want to know the winter prediction yet.

soxster 10-18-2019 08:48 AM

I have noticed quite a few Monarchs fluttering across Table Rock while enjoying a warm fall pontoon day. Awaiting for more color on the shores. :)

OkieAnon 10-23-2019 07:58 AM

I have depending on which weatherman you believe anywhere from a dusting of snow to possibly 2 inches of snow forecast for Thursday night Friday morning. finally getting a little color in the leaves and now another freeze and maybe snow.

Then this one guy says... check back daily on the storm coming in around Halloween it could be a doozie.

I wonder if he learned the term doozie in weather school?

SHOW GAL 10-23-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkieAnon (Post 935244)
I have depending on which weatherman you believe anywhere from a dusting of snow to possibly 2 inches of snow forecast for Thursday night Friday morning. finally getting a little color in the leaves and now another freeze and maybe snow.

Then this one guy says... check back daily on the storm coming in around Halloween it could be a doozie.

I wonder if he learned the term doozie in weather school?

I have another word for winter weather.....but I think we had better stick to "doozie". I am not ready for winter weather, but then, I never am.

:faint::faint::faint::faint:

OkieAnon 10-24-2019 02:08 PM

grass is covered in sleet, lucky it's in the mid 30's if it was 2 or 3 degrees colder we'd have a real mess as hard as it's coming down.