1Branson.com

1Branson.com (http://www.1branson.com/forum/index.php)
-   Branson Outdoor Activities (http://www.1branson.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Boat Registration Renewal (http://www.1branson.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80550)

jap114 06-20-2017 06:47 AM

Boat Registration Renewal
 
I'm not finding any way to renew online? Looks like either a visit to one of the local offices or snail mail are the only options. Anyone?

DalmatianDad 06-20-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jap114 (Post 904145)
I'm not finding any way to renew online? Looks like either a visit to one of the local offices or snail mail are the only options. Anyone?

My last renewal card had a website for online renewal along with a PIN.
I tried it and it told me there was an error.
So I called them and they said that Stone county had given them the wrong info regarding the boat in question.
Bottom line was that I would need to get it straight with the county first.:mad:
I smelled a hassle so I drove to the local office.

jap114 06-20-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DalmatianDad (Post 904155)
My last renewal card had a website for online renewal along with a PIN.
I tried it and it told me there was an error.
So I called them and they said that Stone county had given them the wrong info regarding the boat in question.
Bottom line was that I would need to get it straight with the county first.:mad:
I smelled a hassle so I drove to the local office.

Interesting, my card has no references to online renewal. I even checked thru the website trying to find it - no such luck.
Really hate going to their offices and having to wait. Other than the amusement of people watching while you wait:eek:

DalmatianDad 06-20-2017 09:20 AM

This info from www.plates.mo.gov may hold your answer.


.
You may be eligible to renew online if:
You have a PIN (personal identification number) printed on your license plate renewal notice.
Your county collector’s office has transmitted property tax payment information to the Department for the vehicle, trailer, or ATV you are renewing. You can check here for a list of the participating counties. It may take some time before the county transmits your payment information to the Department. Until we receive the property tax payment information and it posts to our system, you may be unable to renew online. The department will continue to work with nonparticipating counties to electronically obtain their property tax information. Contact your county assessor or collector to help encourage participation.


List of counties.
https://sa.dor.mo.gov/mv/MORE/ParticipatingCounties

jap114 06-20-2017 03:26 PM

I sent them an email asking my question but no response yet.

Kinda' wondered if it wasn't some kind of Stone county thing & not keeping up with the times issue.

But, on the link DD sent, it did show that Stone county had participated in the online plate renewal. I'm guessing maybe that was vehicles only?

jap114 06-21-2017 05:46 AM

Never heard back from them on my email. Probably should have FB~Instagram~Snap Chatted them instead:rolleyes:

Snail mail today so hopefully they can process it and I'll have it back by expiration on 6/30/17.

jap114 06-23-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jap114 (Post 904196)
Never heard back from them on my email. Probably should have FB~Instagram~Snap Chatted them instead:rolleyes:

Snail mail today so hopefully they can process it and I'll have it back by expiration on 6/30/17.

Well, only took them 3 days, but they finally answered.

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry to the Missouri Department of Revenue.

At this time, marine renewals cannot be processed online, which is why there is no PIN listed on the renewal notice. You will need to renew the registration in a Missouri license office or by mail at this time. Please be advised, transactions processed by mail have an average turnaround time of 4-6 weeks where those submitted in person at an office are instant.

jap114 07-05-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jap114 (Post 904196)
Snail mail today so hopefully they can process it and I'll have it back by expiration on 6/30/17.

Stickers were in the mail when we got there Friday night, just a hair over 1 week from when I sent it. Far less than the 4~6 weeks it said on the renewal card, so hats off to mo.gov.boatstickerpeople!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 PM.

--