1Branson.com

1Branson.com (http://www.1branson.com/forum/index.php)
-   Branson Missouri Other (http://www.1branson.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2008 Branson Trips? (http://www.1branson.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31631)

ThunderHockeyFan 12-08-2007 11:39 AM

2008 Branson Trips?

Since it is icy and cold out today I am sitting here on the computer trying to plan our 2008 trip. We are planning on going only once this year and it will be our usual first week of October to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We are going for a record 11 shows this trip.

So when are you planning on going to Branson in 2008?

preacherman 12-08-2007 12:51 PM

Our church kids will be in show choir at Tri-Lakes again so we will try to be down there in April when they are performing.

Also thinking of these things:
Island Fire
Roy Rogers
Acrobats of China
Yakov
(haven't chosen other shows yet)

Entertainment Hall of Fame
Murder Rock
Old Sycamore Church
Old Harrison to Springfield road (JJ?)

That's about as far as we have gotten in plans.

teacherkim 12-08-2007 01:31 PM

We've decided not to go to Florida again in 08 (which was our plan) and instead we'll be going to Branson at least 4 times -- Spring Break (Easter Week), Memorial Day week (maybe... we might go mid-June instead), the last full week of July, and Thanksgiving.

JoLaLaLa 12-08-2007 01:52 PM

We wanted to be able to go this Christmas but it is just not possible at this point. Things are just to tight money-wise right now and there is entirely too much going on in the next few weeks to even possibly think we could fit it in to our already full schedule. But we HAVE to go sometime next year or I'll go crazy! :p

We will have to wait until closer to time to decide on times for sure, since with my husband's work being so inconsistant (he's in a small family owned contruction business), we never know if he will be super busy and have no time to take off or if it'll be slower and we can go without a problem.

At this point our plans are tentative. Since the baby is due in June, that throws out going over summer break, so we're thinking we'll go at some point over spring break. We might go for a whole week, just so we make sure and get all we want done, just in case we can't make it back again. Or we might split it up and only go for 3 or 4 days then, so we can save the rest of his paid vacation week for later in the year- maybe over the kids' fall break in October for the SDC American crafts festival (or whatever the new name is nexy year) or for our anniversary, which is in November and during the Christmas festival, which we enjoy. That way we'd get to go at least twice and get a variety of things to do. A lot of it depends on his work, if I am up to riding the 4 hours to get there while several months pregnant, or if we wait til after the baby to go a second time whether or not we want to get the baby out in the cooler weather right then. I am soooo looking forward to going- whenever it may be though!!

LoveToTravel 12-08-2007 02:06 PM

Next year is our Disney year so we won't be going at all. :( But in 2009 we hope to go at least 4 times like we did this year. We went in March, 1st week of June, middle of August and mid-November.

KJN 12-08-2007 05:10 PM

We've got our reservations made already for the last week in June and the first week in July. Can't wait. I have reservations also at the Clay Cooper theater to see Paul Harris.

Traci 12-08-2007 09:44 PM

Branson is 1hr & 45 minutes or 2 hrs from where I live & I go as much as I can.

GNEE 12-08-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderHockeyFan (Post 291967)
Since it is icy and cold out today I am sitting here on the computer trying to plan our 2008 trip. We are planning on going only once this year and it will be our usual first week of October to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We are going for a record 11 shows this trip.

So when are you planning on going to Branson in 2008?

Well, Thunderhockeyfan, we also are planning our annual trip to Branson and we also will be going the first week in October as we have for the past 14 years. I've just joined this board recently, although I've been viewing it for years. But next time we go, I will be wearing my buddy ribbon and I'm sure we'll run into one another somewhere along the line. From what I remember, we like the same shows. Will definitely plan to see Sight and Sound as a new addition. It's 10 months away but each day I count down. Hope to see you then.

ThunderHockeyFan 12-08-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GNEE (Post 292077)
Well, Thunderhockeyfan, we also are planning our annual trip to Branson and we also will be going the first week in October as we have for the past 14 years. I've just joined this board recently, although I've been viewing it for years. But next time we go, I will be wearing my buddy ribbon and I'm sure we'll run into one another somewhere along the line. From what I remember, we like the same shows. Will definitely plan to see Sight and Sound as a new addition. It's 10 months away but each day I count down. Hope to see you then.

We are seeing:
Yakov
Clay Cooper
Shoji
Branson Brothers
Presleys
Dixie Stampede
Joey Riley
Doug Gabriel
Joe Diffie
Showboat
Pierce Arrow

Plus two days at SDC

lkb5271 12-08-2007 10:52 PM

We are leaving for Branson Christmas day (weather permitting) to stay until 2008 !!! Sorry I couldnt resist....Cant wait to see my home away from home again.

PatiCake101 12-08-2007 11:56 PM

Our trip of 2008 will be the last of March/first of April. Our anniversary is March 10th, but we always wait a little longer until Silver Dollar City is open.

We will then make one in June, with 3 of the grandbabies...probably another in July with the other one, one in August to bring our semi-foster daughter, and for sure one in November to bring Mom and then one in December. Hopefully, we will be able to sqeeze one in during the month of October.

AND, I'm looking forward to all of them!! :D

KJN 12-09-2007 09:02 AM

Paticake101, I am so so jealous, wish we could go that often.

lindiet 12-09-2007 09:18 AM

We will be going in mid February, June and then again in November. Wish we could go more often but the drive is so long. Hopefully the weather will cooperate in February! In June we will be taking our grandchildren with us! That will be a really fun trip. Then in November we are going to have an early Thanksgiving with our Kids and Grandkids.

SweetSue 12-09-2007 11:21 AM

We try to go at least once a month, often more, starting in March until mid-November (we live 3 hours away). However, 2008 may not be as often; we are expecting twin granddaughters in late April or early May, and we will be needed to help with them and their brothers.

teacherkim 12-09-2007 11:32 AM

How funny! Right after I posted on this thread, my mom called and wants to take my 2 oldest children on a grandparents trip in mid-July. So now we're thinking about bumping our July trip up to arriving on the 4th and staying until my birthday. I'd really like to see Paul Harris, so I'm trying to plan around his dates. And I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday than to be in Branson... Cantina Laredo followed by Maggie Moo's, anyone?