1Branson.com

1Branson.com (http://www.1branson.com/forum/index.php)
-   Just for Chit Chat (http://www.1branson.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hello Spring and Summer 2019 (http://www.1branson.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83406)

OkieAnon 03-06-2019 08:33 AM

Hello Spring and Summer 2019

Yes, I know many of you are enjoying this winter weather and hate to see it end, but I am declaring it Spring... even though I'm wearing two coats and a sweater this morning... even though there are computer maps showing a big snow storm in 2 to 3 weeks, it is Spring because I saw one green leaf on the pear tree.

Seriously though, spring is arriving with a bang.... those poor people down in Alabama you have to feel for them.

Something else to keep an eye on, storm trackers are talking about the possibility of a severe event this Saturday in Ark, Mo, Tenn, Alabama, Mississippi, and maybe even eastern Ok and Tx.

SHOW GAL 03-06-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkieAnon (Post 928166)
Yes, I know many of you are enjoying this winter weather and hate to see it end, but I am declaring it Spring... even though I'm wearing two coats and a sweater this morning... even though there are computer maps showing a big snow storm in 2 to 3 weeks, it is Spring because I saw one green leaf on the pear tree.

Seriously though, spring is arriving with a bang.... those poor people down in Alabama you have to feel for them.

Something else to keep an eye on, storm trackers are talking about the possibility of a severe event this Saturday in Ark, Mo, Tenn, Alabama, Mississippi, and maybe even eastern Ok and Tx.

Glad you are declaring it "SPRING" Okie because just the sound of that makes me feel better.

Is supposed to warm up here in the KC area the end of this week. Heavy rain coming in Sat but I will take that over heavy snow.

:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

OkieAnon 03-08-2019 08:12 AM

so for Saturday the storm prediction center is saying the threat area is Okla, Texas, Mo, Ark, Miss.

for the Branson Area, chance of large hail, but further south, southeast Ark and Miss they are saying a chance of tornadoes and even mention monitoring conditions there could be some large and dangerous ones... but it doesn't sound like they are willing to go out on a limb and say for sure yet.

for the plains states it's been a quiet 2 or 3 years I hope that continues, but we are due for some nasty weather this spring.

SHOW GAL 03-08-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkieAnon (Post 928235)
so for Saturday the storm prediction center is saying the threat area is Okla, Texas, Mo, Ark, Miss.

for the Branson Area, chance of large hail, but further south, southeast Ark and Miss they are saying a chance of tornadoes and even mention monitoring conditions there could be some large and dangerous ones... but it doesn't sound like they are willing to go out on a limb and say for sure yet.

for the plains states it's been a quiet 2 or 3 years I hope that continues, but we are due for some nasty weather this spring.

The KC area is predicting some severe weather Sat but looks like we might miss the worse part of the storm. Hoping everyone stays safe.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OkieAnon 03-09-2019 09:24 AM

checked to see where the herd of chasers is gathering and right now they seem to be focusing on the Memphis area.

OkieAnon 03-13-2019 07:58 AM

at least it's not foggy today, but we go under a high wind warning later this morning and it doesn't end till later tomorrow, told to expect gusts in the 60 to 70 mph range. good thing it rained last night or it would be great fire weather conditions.

they also said to keep an eye out for cold air funnels, look like tornadoes but rarely touch down.

biscuitcreek 03-14-2019 08:05 PM

Signs of spring -- daffodils have been blooming for 2 weeks, today I saw pear trees in bloom -- and I saw the sun shining for most of the day.

OkieAnon 03-17-2019 05:48 PM

Taters planted, right on St Patrick's day.

biscuitcreek 03-18-2019 09:14 PM

More signs of spring -- forsythia and thrift blooming.

SHOW GAL 03-19-2019 06:11 AM

Join both of you in looking forward to spring.

Am sooooooooooooooooooo over winter.

:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

OkieAnon 03-19-2019 08:04 AM

first evening since the time change that was nice enough to get outside after work, sprayed the weeds in the yard and spread some fertilizer.

common theme of the day with customers coming in.... if I could just get off work I'd be fishing.

one of the local tv stations did an hour long thing last night predicting the spring weather, they predicted more tornadoes and heavy rainfall.... but it's the same guy that predicted more snow for the winter and we barely got a dusting or two of snow, so.....

Grangie 03-19-2019 08:41 AM

The pollen is flying!!

Suselit 03-19-2019 09:34 AM

Spring officially begins tomorrow with a Full Moon, too.

OkieAnon 03-21-2019 08:10 AM

I hope this don't happen, but something to keep in the back of your mind if getting the planting fever.... there are a couple long range forecasts out there that for the last couple of days have been predicting snow for far Northern Oklahoma, Kansas and about the north half of Missouri on April 1st and 2nd.

Been about 5 years ago I think, we had a heck of a snow storm on the 3rd - 5th area of April, strong winds 15 to 20 inches of snow,,, nice thing was 2 or 3 days later it was all gone.

saw another weatherman giving his spring forecast this morning... spring storms will start later than normal late April-May-early June, but for an area of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas heavier than average rainfall, less wildfires, slightly above average tornado weather.

SHOW GAL 03-26-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkieAnon (Post 928649)
I hope this don't happen, but something to keep in the back of your mind if getting the planting fever.... there are a couple long range forecasts out there that for the last couple of days have been predicting snow for far Northern Oklahoma, Kansas and about the north half of Missouri on April 1st and 2nd.

Been about 5 years ago I think, we had a heck of a snow storm on the 3rd - 5th area of April, strong winds 15 to 20 inches of snow,,, nice thing was 2 or 3 days later it was all gone.

saw another weatherman giving his spring forecast this morning... spring storms will start later than normal late April-May-early June, but for an area of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas heavier than average rainfall, less wildfires, slightly above average tornado weather.

I hope you turned off the forecaster that mentioned more snow to show him what we think of his forecast.

:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: