1Branson.com

1Branson.com (http://www.1branson.com/forum/index.php)
-   Branson Outdoor Activities (http://www.1branson.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Fall Color? (http://www.1branson.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51207)

LoveToTravel 10-06-2009 07:50 AM

Fall Color?
 
So how is it looking down in Branson right now? Our trees in St. Louis are getting closer to peak which looks to be a week or two away right now. I use my sweetgum trees as a guide and they are just starting to turn yellow. They tend to be at peak when the majority of the trees are... We are going down to Branson on the 16th for a long weekend and hope to see some fall color down there!

SHOW GAL 10-06-2009 09:04 AM

Sounds like we are just at the same stage here in KC as you are in St. Louis.

We go back to Branson next week so I think both of us should see some pretty fall color, since you are leaving about the same time.

Fall is my favorite time of the year. I enjoy Spring but Fall is so pretty with all the different color leaves.

Hope you have a great time in Branson.

LoveToTravel 10-06-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHOW GAL (Post 515664)
Sounds like we are just at the same stage here in KC as you are in St. Louis.

We go back to Branson next week so I think both of us should see some pretty fall color, since you are leaving about the same time.

Fall is my favorite time of the year. I enjoy Spring but Fall is so pretty with all the different color leaves.

Hope you have a great time in Branson.

Thank you! I have always timed it wrong with planning a fall trip to Branson so I am really hoping for color this time! Of course we'll have a good time no matter what. And like you, fall is my favorite time of year. :D

OKCtraveler 10-06-2009 09:26 AM

The trees are just beginning to turn.

biscuitcreek 10-06-2009 06:06 PM

I spent the day driving in part of my sales territory between Highway 160 in MO and about 40 miles south of Highway 62/412 in AR. The trees are starting to turn. Saw some nice splashes of color in the trees around Lake Norfolk today.

ggh 10-06-2009 07:38 PM

They are turning.......

My 3 yo granddaughter said "Momma, look how pretty the colors are today" Pointing out the car window to the trees......they aren't in full color yet, but it's coming.

chime 10-07-2009 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggh (Post 515878)
They are turning.......

My 3 yo granddaughter said "Momma, look how pretty the colors are today" Pointing out the car window to the trees......they aren't in full color yet, but it's coming.

Where is SW Missouri do you go to see the fall colors? We are new to Branson and it looks like most of the trees just turn brown. We'd love to take a day trip to see the beautiful fall colors.

ggh 10-07-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chime (Post 515945)
Where is SW Missouri do you go to see the fall colors? We are new to Branson and it looks like most of the trees just turn brown. We'd love to take a day trip to see the beautiful fall colors.

I will be driving down 65 to Branson this w/end to see the color - I would presume HWY 7 in Arkansas would have fall color, and we often take drive over toward Theodosia to see the colors. It is possible that the leaves are a few days behind us (north of you) turning colors in Branson.

The trees my granddaughter noticed are bright oranges and reds, in my hometown - they are always the first to turn vibrant in my area, there are still many green leaves on the trees, but the tips are colorful.

Have you stopped to look at a look out to see if you can see the color yet?

Barefoot Eddie 10-07-2009 12:56 PM

Should be a good fall color season. Branson peaks usually between Oct.
15th-20th. Still pretty green here now but beginning to turn. Arkansas down Hwy 7 would be a few days later I think.

biscuitcreek 10-07-2009 07:13 PM

I was near Gainesville MO yesterday and the leaves were starting to turn; it's about an hour or so east of Branson on Highway 160. Check out the Glade Top trail in the National Forest east of Branson, near Ava MO for some nice color (in most years). I live off one of the designated AR scenic highways, and the trees are starting to show some nice color. Unfortunately a lot of the persimmon trees have already lost all of their leaves.

chime 10-08-2009 06:39 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. Last fall was our first in the area. Seemed like most of the leaves changed from green to various shades of brown. I had been expecting vibrant reds and yellows. We'll take some day trips to the areas you suggested. It looks like we'll have to wait until this storm passes by.

ggh 10-08-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chime (Post 516368)
Thanks for the suggestions. Last fall was our first in the area. Seemed like most of the leaves changed from green to various shades of brown. I had been expecting vibrant reds and yellows. We'll take some day trips to the areas you suggested. It looks like we'll have to wait until this storm passes by.

The rain, and the wind that are accompanying it, may destroy the chances of a colorful fall. There may not be leaves left on the trees when the storm passes us by.

Ms_Terese 10-08-2009 09:29 AM

Here's a good resource for Fall foliage tracking:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/drivi...age/statelist/

chime 10-08-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms_Terese (Post 516438)
Here's a good resource for Fall foliage tracking:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/drivi...age/statelist/

Thanks for the link. If there is color, we'll find it.

MNtraveler 10-08-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chime (Post 516368)
Thanks for the suggestions. Last fall was our first in the area. Seemed like most of the leaves changed from green to various shades of brown. I had been expecting vibrant reds and yellows. We'll take some day trips to the areas you suggested. It looks like we'll have to wait until this storm passes by.

I think it varies from year to year depending on temperature, moisture, etc. I've seen photos of Table Rock Lake with brilliant fall color in the background. I haven't seem much of that yet either, but I think we are still a week or two away from peak.

:)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31 PM.

--