1Branson.com

1Branson.com (http://www.1branson.com/forum/index.php)
-   Branson Shopping (http://www.1branson.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New Farmers Market at the Landing (http://www.1branson.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76937)

biscuitcreek 09-05-2015 08:58 AM

New Farmers Market at the Landing
 
A new Farmers Market just opened at the Landing -- produce, homemade soaps and lotions, handmade leather goods, moonshine, and more. Hours are 3 pm - 7 pm on Tuesdays in September and October; the market is set up in the Bass Pro Parking Lot. More info about the vendors in this article from Branson Tri Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...ac9f19a58.html

KingOfBranson 09-06-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuitcreek (Post 867047)
A new Farmers Market just opened at the Landing -- produce, homemade soaps and lotions, handmade leather goods, moonshine, and more. Hours are 3 pm - 7 pm on Tuesdays in September and October; the market is set up in the Bass Pro Parking Lot. More info about the vendors in this article from Branson Tri Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...ac9f19a58.html

Should be re-branded as a "Swap Meet" or an outdoor flea market...lot's of things down there that a farmer didn't grow. Our city leaders will find a way to control this or put the brakes on it soon.

biscuitcreek 09-07-2015 07:01 AM

Here is some more info from Hometown Daily News about the new Farmers Market and pictures of the first week:

http://www.hometowndailynews.com/201...armers-market/

sanddunerider 09-08-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuitcreek (Post 867047)
A new Farmers Market just opened at the Landing -- produce, homemade soaps and lotions, handmade leather goods, moonshine, and more. Hours are 3 pm - 7 pm on Tuesdays in September and October; the market is set up in the Bass Pro Parking Lot. More info about the vendors in this article from Branson Tri Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...ac9f19a58.html

Moonshine? Would they need a license to sell alchohol>? Just wondering....

And yes the city will figure out to jump on this bandwagon if it is successful...

BMOMAN 09-10-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingOfBranson (Post 867092)
Should be re-branded as a "Swap Meet" or an outdoor flea market...lot's of things down there that a farmer didn't grow. Our city leaders will find a way to control this or put the brakes on it soon.

looks like somebody has never been to a farmers market in a big city

biscuitcreek 09-10-2015 10:26 PM

This farmers market is an extension of a very successful one in Springfield.

KingOfBranson 09-14-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOMAN (Post 867317)
looks like somebody has never been to a farmers market in a big city

As a matter of fact DS, I used to frequent the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena, Ca since I was a kid...it started out as a "Farmers Market" some 40 years ago. It is now arguably the nations largest. FYI, Pasadena is Just West of LA in case you didn't know.

BMOMAN 09-14-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingOfBranson (Post 867476)
As a matter of fact DS, I used to frequent the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena, Ca since I was a kid...it started out as a "Farmers Market" some 40 years ago. It is now arguably the nations largest. FYI, Pasadena is Just West of LA in case you didn't know.

LOL let me rephrase it, looks like somebody hasn't been to a flea market in modern time...if so you would know they are more than just vegetables.

KingOfBranson 09-15-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOMAN (Post 867479)
LOL let me rephrase it, looks like somebody hasn't been to a flea market in modern time...if so you would know they are more than just vegetables.

So even you admit a "Farmers Market" is just a flea market. So the term farmers market is a classy way of saying outdoor yard sale. Show me one business that doesn't involve something you can digest that will springboard into a brick & mortar because of this supposed "Incubator Model". 10'x10' tents on asphalt selling Scentsy, Mary Kay & Timeshares. This is about foot traffic exposure for vendors & space rental fees for the proprietor$$$. If you must use your definition of a farmers market, let's move it indoors to the convention center & call it as you see it...a trade show.

preacherman 09-15-2015 11:10 AM

Will have to check this out to see if there is some interesting yarn.

BMOMAN 09-15-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingOfBranson (Post 867527)
So even you admit a "Farmers Market" is just a flea market. So the term farmers market is a classy way of saying outdoor yard sale. Show me one business that doesn't involve something you can digest that will springboard into a brick & mortar because of this supposed "Incubator Model". 10'x10' tents on asphalt selling Scentsy, Mary Kay & Timeshares. This is about foot traffic exposure for vendors & space rental fees for the proprietor$$$. If you must use your definition of a farmers market, let's move it indoors to the convention center & call it as you see it...a trade show.

a flea market is where you but old stuff that nobody wants anymore. A farmers market to me, is a place where locals sell their homemade products whether its digestible or not. And I look forward to going this evening :-)

preacherman 09-15-2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preacherman (Post 867528)
Will have to check this out to see if there is some interesting yarn.

No yarn today but had a little fried pie. Pretty good and not too sweet.
Wish Yeti could be there instead of snow cones.

tortminder 09-15-2015 06:13 PM

Stopped in at about 5PM. Not too much produce and since it was touted as "organic" it was a bit overpriced. Chicken at around $7lb. seemed not to be selling very well.

A few crafters and a booth from a senior group that had "home canned" jams & pickles at reasonable prices.

There were a number of soap makers, a guitar player, sno-cones and a chiropractor.

All in all... a bit different but I don't see it driving much traffic... but I've been wrong before.

Suselit 09-25-2015 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuitcreek (Post 867364)
This farmers market is an extension of a very successful one in Springfield.

I heard that also. It's the one on Republic Road in an upscale shopping area.
There is another Farmers Market in Springfield in the Battlefield Mall parking lot and it is mainly fresh produce, organic meats and raw milk, etc....very few crafts and non food items.

TuckerCove 09-29-2015 02:41 PM

I use to live very close to the Farmers Market that this one is related to in Springfield before moving down to this area and I really enjoyed all the activities and products that it provided. There was live music, food trucks, samplings of homemade goodies from vendors and local folks getting to know one another.

I was happy to see them come to the Branson area, and I do hope they will continue to grow and people will give them a chance.

My lil dog and I will be heading out that way in a bit, hoping to get our farm fresh eggs and enjoy the fresh air!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 AM.

--