1Branson.com

1Branson.com (http://www.1branson.com/forum/index.php)
-   Branson Shows (http://www.1branson.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Six??? (http://www.1branson.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86445)

rjw1991A1 11-27-2019 07:30 PM

Six???
 
Are they doing a Christmas show? If so, is it all Christmas, or half and half?

leftsaidted 11-27-2019 09:48 PM

Haven’t been yet this holiday season...but they ARE scheduled through Dec 20 at Hughes Brothers theatre to perform their Christmas show...last year it was regular show first half, Christmas second half...I kinda suspect it to be the same this year...

rjw1991A1 11-27-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

last year it was regular show first half, Christmas second half...I kinda suspect it to be the same this year...
Unfortunately that seems to be the trend.:(

sanddunerider 11-28-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 (Post 936003)
Unfortunately that seems to be the trend.:(

Not many of those out there.,,,

I know the Hughes Family has a great all Christmas Show.

Branson Friend 11-28-2019 10:51 AM

Lee Greenwood’s Christmas Show next Wednesday at Dick Clark’s is all Christmas music with the exception of God Bless The USA. Excellent show.

bransoncutie 11-28-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 (Post 936003)
Unfortunately that seems to be the trend.:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanddunerider (Post 936009)
Not many of those out there.,,,

I know the Hughes Family has a great all Christmas Show.

SIX does one of the half & half shows.

If you're looking for something that is ALL Christmas, off the top of my head I know that Hughes Brothers, The Brett Family, Miracle of Christmas and Winter Wonderland are all Christmas. Not sure about any of the others.

And, if you or someone you know is looking to completely escape Christmas music, I know that can be done at Parrotville. Not a bit of Christmas music in that one.

sanddunerider 11-29-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bransoncutie (Post 936011)
SIX does one of the half & half shows.

If you're looking for something that is ALL Christmas, off the top of my head I know that Hughes Brothers, The Brett Family, Miracle of Christmas and Winter Wonderland are all Christmas. Not sure about any of the others.

And, if you or someone you know is looking to completely escape Christmas music, I know that can be done at Parrotville. Not a bit of Christmas music in that one.


Perfect!! No christmas music And a bar?,, yes please.

bransoncutie 11-29-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanddunerider (Post 936019)
Perfect!! No christmas music And a bar?,, yes please.

And great, fun music!! It's a perfect combination!!

craftemp 11-29-2019 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 (Post 936000)
Are they doing a Christmas show? If so, is it all Christmas, or half and half?

Second half was Christmas and it was amazing... They sang 4 of my favorite songs.. Drummer Boy, Mary Did You Know, Oh Holy Night and the last one escapes me right now. If it comes to me, I will update this post LOL :confused:

MLM 11-29-2019 03:48 PM

If every show did all Christmas, audiences would get tired of hearing the same songs over and over... there are only so many Christmas songs, so shows would end up with the same playlist. Our show does about 45% Christmas interspersed throughout the show, not 1/2 & 1/2. By having regular season songs included, you at least have some variety.

bransoncutie 11-29-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLM (Post 936023)
If every show did all Christmas, audiences would get tired of hearing the same songs over and over... there are only so many Christmas songs, so shows would end up with the same playlist. Our show does about 45% Christmas interspersed throughout the show, not 1/2 & 1/2. By having regular season songs included, you at least have some variety.

Absolutely! I am one who lives Christmas music and could listen to it all year. (Okay...so maybe I do...don’t judge)! But even I get tired of hearing the same songs over and over! Granted, every show’s interpretTion of any given song is different. It really, how many ways can one do “Mary Did Ylu Know”? (Although SIX’s version is very different from, say, The Haygoods. But...

leftsaidted 11-30-2019 05:58 PM

“Mary Did You Know?”.....uggghhh......Here’s a clue....YES SHE DID!

TimHaygood 12-01-2019 08:50 AM

Christmas Shows
 
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

rjw1991A1 12-01-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimHaygood (Post 936046)
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

A Merry Christmas to you, and all the Haygoods. Be seeing you at Rickman Auditorium in a couple weeks to see there is one way to sing Mary Did You Know above all others. That's the Dominic Haygood way!

sanddunerider 12-01-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 (Post 936048)
A Merry Christmas to you, and all the Haygoods. Be seeing you at Rickman Auditorium in a couple weeks to see there is one way to sing Mary Did You Know above all others. That's the Dominic Haygood way!

I will be going to Lawrence, ks on the 13th to see them..:)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:20 AM.

--