1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #1
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Allegiant Fares Revived

From Springfield / Branson, MO (SGF) to Orlando / Sanford, FL (SFB) $52
- - - - - - -
From Springfield / Branson, MO (SGF) to Tampa Bay Area, FL (PIE) $52
- - - - - - -
From Springfield / Branson, MO (SGF) to Las Vegas, NV (LAS) $77
- - - - - - -
From Springfield / Branson, MO (SGF) to Los Angeles, CA (LAX) $86
- - - - - - -
RT to Clearwater:

Flights $79.63
Debit Card Discount (-$8.00)
Taxes, carrier charges & gov't fees $47.37
Total Debit Card Price $119.00
Total Credit Card Price $127.00

Car Rental for One Week:

$12.95
per day
$139.85 total

Last edited by NotJLB; 07-08-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
Ms_Terese
Local Member

My DIL just flew Allegiant this past weekend to Vegas. Leaving on Friday, returning Monday....$372. :-( It's a lot cheaper if you can go the other way, leave Monday and return Friday.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
As long as it's not on the outside, all seats are good. Even if it wasn't, it's only for 2 1/2 hours.
Exactly what my son said.

He flies a lot! for his job, using a Dupont corporate jet, or flying commercial coach/business & first class when he can talk his way into it...
Old 08-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Problem is that their flight times don't work for when I'm needing to go. I am planning a cruise in January, sailing out on Friday and return on Monday. The flight back to SGF on Monday is no problem. It's getting there that won't work. Flight arrives about half an hour AFTER the ship sails. And the prices are MUCH higher than what you've got listed!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #5
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
From Springfield / Branson, MO (SGF) to Orlando / Sanford, FL (SFB) $52
- - - - - - -
From Springfield / Branson, MO (SGF) to Tampa Bay Area, FL (PIE) $52
- - - - - - -
From Springfield / Branson, MO (SGF) to Las Vegas, NV (LAS) $77
- - - - - - -
From Springfield / Branson, MO (SGF) to Los Angeles, CA (LAX) $86
- - - - - - -
RT to Clearwater:

Flights $79.63
Debit Card Discount (-$8.00)
Taxes, carrier charges & gov't fees $47.37
Total Debit Card Price $119.00
Total Credit Card Price $127.00

Car Rental for One Week:

$12.95
per day
$139.85 total
I just returned from Orlando/Sanford, flight out was $40, with taxes and one $19 checked bag, I paid $139 for 2 tickets. On the return flight I was alone and paid $82 for my flight, plus $19 for the checked bag, and with other required taxes - $120. I rarely have need for a car rental - but I have been booking one of these flights every 6-10 weeks for a couple of years now - by paying attention, and booking ahead you will find similar rates are readily available in the off season - and double or triple that over holidays and during the 'on' season.

BransonCutie - I almost always find it cheaper to stay another day in a cheap hotel, than to fly out of Branson, KC or STL - but sometimes it's important to BE HOME - for which I usually find myself paying out the nose.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

I've never questioned that Allegiant has excellent fares for the destinations they serve. They just don't fly to very many, and they are not the ones I want to go to.

Allegiant is good at what they do, but they are in no way a replacement for what used to be available in Branson with AirTran. There is nothing special about the Branson Airport... I'm perfectly happy going to Springfield... IF they had an airline there with lower fares that also gave you more destinations.

Good Times in Branson
Old 08-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #7
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Well, I feel there IS something special about the TRUE Branson airport, several things actually.
First and foremost, IT IS IN BRANSON, not two county's away in another city!!!
Second, it is a wonderful feeling to get off a plane from some "modern" city full of garbage and other junk, and walk into that airport that feels like you just stepped onto the back porch of your grandparents house in the woods. So relaxing, and refreshing from the other sterile, boring, cram-packed airports around the country.
Thirdly, the TSA agents are some of the friendliest I have dealt with.
Fourthly(?), it's a hoot on final approach with all those canyons, draws, hollers and such coupled with the short runway!
Fifthly, IT IS IN BRANSON, not two county's away in ANOTHER CITY!!!! (repeat this until you UNDERSTAND this novel concept).
Old 08-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #8
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
I've never questioned that Allegiant has excellent fares for the destinations they serve. They just don't fly to very many, and they are not the ones I want to go to.

Allegiant is good at what they do, but they are in no way a replacement for what used to be available in Branson with AirTran. There is nothing special about the Branson Airport... I'm perfectly happy going to Springfield... IF they had an airline there with lower fares that also gave you more destinations.

I find that I fly to one basic destination - I am willing to fly out of any airport w/in 200 miles of my house, provided the rates are right. I refuse to fly out of Branson when I can fly out of Springfield for 1/2 the price. AirTran and Allegiant both had/have limited direct flights - I search for the cheapest flight to my destination. Right now, that typically means Allegiant.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #9
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
I find that I fly to one basic destination - I am willing to fly out of any airport w/in 200 miles of my house, provided the rates are right. I refuse to fly out of Branson when I can fly out of Springfield for 1/2 the price. AirTran and Allegiant both had/have limited direct flights - I search for the cheapest flight to my destination. Right now, that typically means Allegiant.
AirTran had only two direct destinations... Orlando and Atlanta. But in Atlanta you could transfer and get virtually anywhere in the world. Not very convenient for flying West, but not bad at all for flying east.

For flying west, Allegiant actually has me covered... the only place I ever want to go is Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Phoenix.

Good Times in Branson
Old 08-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #10
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Exclamation Paging NotJLB...

Have you heard anything about Allegiant discontinuing service from SGF to LAX? I tried to look up airfare for a proposed trip next April and they were only showing flights through September 9, 2014. Is LAX just a seasonal destination?

Good Times in Branson

Closed Thread