1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 07:49 AM   #1
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Red Roof Baseball Update Part 2

Part 1 thread from August has already been automatically closed. Here's is the latest update from Branson Tri-Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...9bb2963f4.html

Design work is going on right now plus the company is seeking more investors.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:51 AM   #2
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Part 1 thread from August has already been automatically closed. Here's is the latest update from Branson Tri-Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...9bb2963f4.html

Design work is going on right now plus the company is seeking more investors.
Does anyone else see the part I set in bold as a red flag?
Old 09-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Exclamation Trust me little girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
Nah, you're just being paranoid!

The Branson administration wouldn't let that happen... would they?

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 09-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #4
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
Yep, why do you think I included that statement? Thought all of the investors were already lined up.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Phase one of the project, estimated to cost $15 million, will include the outfitting of the existing buildings on site for team dormitories, retail and the addition of six replica fields of famous baseball parks
I thought this project was supposed to bring more guests to existing Branson hotels. Not add it's own a accommodations. Bet there's going to be restaurants in those retail spaces as well.
A fully self sufficient comples where kids come to play ball, stay, and eat, and shop without ever having to bother with anything else in Branson.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #6
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
I thought this project was supposed to bring more guests to existing Branson hotels. Not add it's own a accommodations. Bet there's going to be restaurants in those retail spaces as well.
A fully self sufficient comples where kids come to play ball, stay, and eat, and shop without ever having to bother with anything else in Branson.
Yeah, you see... they won't HAVE to bother... but according to the projections used to swing this deal, they WILL bother.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #7
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
They aren't putting in a hotel, they are putting in dorms for the teams to stay in. The parents and friends with them will still be renting a hotel room to stay in.

Good Times in Branson
Old 09-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
They aren't putting in a hotel, they are putting in dorms for the teams to stay in. The parents and friends with them will still be renting a hotel room to stay in.
Or the manager, and a couple coaches will arrive with a bus full of kids that will be staying in the dorms.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #9
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Or the manager, and a couple coaches will arrive with a bus full of kids that will be staying in the dorms.
What parent would not attend a tournament their child was playing in? A damn lousy parent. I think most are better than that.

I attended every football game my son ever played in, even though he was a lousy player and spent most of the game riding the bench. I also attended every marching band competition my daughter participated in, even though they tended to bore the heck out of me. I don't claim to be a great parent because I wasn't. But there are some things you just do.

Good Times in Branson
Old 09-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #10
JAKPAK

If someone would donate money to build a building that holds 6 or 8 basketball courts, you would fine many weekends that are very busy. For reference see Play It Again Gym in Wisconsin Dells.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #11
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
What parent would not attend a tournament their child was playing in?
Actually with today's youth being the spawn of "the me generation", a lot more than you think! Unfortunatly.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #12
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Actually with today's youth being the spawn of "the me generation", a lot more than you think! Unfortunatly.
Sadly, you may be right on that. I don't understand it at all. I was not a "natural" parent. It was always more of a struggle for me than a joy. But there are certain things parents just "owe" their kids, and I always pay my debts... whether I particularly enjoy it or not.

Good Times in Branson
Old 09-06-2014, 11:28 PM   #13
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

It was never my "duty" to raise my son and daughter, but my pleasure. Any and all sacrifices I made were well worth it.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:31 AM   #14
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
It was never my "duty" to raise my son and daughter, but my pleasure. Any and all sacrifices I made were well worth it.
Any sacrifices I made were well worth it. I spent $100,000 from my savings to send my daughter to college. I would do it again without hesitation. But I just wasn't that comfortable being a parent. I always felt I was lacking, and it bothered me. My late wife was wonderful at it... it came natural to her. Although I loved my parents, they were lousy at it. I just never learned how.

Good Times in Branson

Last edited by MNtraveler; 09-07-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:01 PM   #15
Airforce Dad

Thumbs up Parenting

Sometimes I guess that we all doubt ourselves as parents. I remarked to my youngest daughter a few days ago: " Sometimes I feel as though I have failed you girls as a dad." My daughter quickly responded, "Dad, you have ALWAYS been a good dad, and a good grandfather too. She is one of two official reliable sources.

Closed Thread