1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 05:56 AM   #1
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Pierce Arrow 2014 -- changes

This article from this week's Branson Tri-Lakes discusses the MANY changes in the Pierce Arrow show for 2014. Not only is Mike Bliss the new comedian, Law Washington is the new lead singer/emcee plus Scott is now singing bass and Jimmy is now singing baritone.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/enter...9bb2963f4.html
Old 03-20-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
This article from this week's Branson Tri-Lakes discusses the MANY changes in the Pierce Arrow show for 2014. Not only is Mike Bliss the new comedian, Law Washington is the new lead singer/emcee plus Scott is now singing bass and Jimmy is now singing baritone.

Thanks so much for the article, BC.

It will definitely be a different show than we are used to at Pierce Arrow Theater. Much luck for the coming season to the entire crew.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 03-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
farmer

Sad!

How sad to see a once Great show turn into a circus act!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
Baldwin

did not care for the show at all this year.:
Old 03-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
ShowMeGirl

Agreed. Not sure where he searched for this comedian, but he needed to look harder.

Used to be our favorite show in town. We were very disappointed this past week.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #6
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowMeGirl View Post
Agreed. Not sure where he searched for this comedian, but he needed to look harder.
Around town.

Since there appeared to be one or two Mike Bliss fans here previously, I did not say anything, wanting to fit in.

But, then again, it would be tough to follow Dougherty/Fennel. That's some pretty funny stuff, generally speaking.

Last edited by NotJLB; 03-20-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #7
helppitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
Unlike some posters you apparently did see the show this year. I think the show is a show that is being changed on the fly. My guess, is Mr. Britton, who has pretty much always given us a good product, will make the necessary adjustments to give us a show to enjoy.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #8
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

I dunno, it's kinda like when Johnny Carson left The Tonight Show, despite the sad juggling act that NBC has done over the years, the fact is that the show was NOT as funny or entertaining, nor as classy, as when Johnny Carson was THE show. When you ARE the best, no one else will ever measure up to you, Got a feeling that is what we are going to see long term concerning JD and the rest of the former cast.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #9
Writingfool
Speaker of the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
The show they've been doing so far this year hasn't been what it will be soon... according to the story, Law won't join the show full time until this weekend and once he does, that's when it'll be all new... Like the story says, they're returning an emphasis to singing rather than comedy, realizing how different Mike and Jarrett are as performers... Dan has always done his best to put on a quality show and several people have pointed to it being their favorite in the past, so there's no need to pass judgement until the new show is up and running...

BTW, as discussed in another thread, there was some legal action regarding JD's act and he won't be able to do the characters and bits he "borrowed" from other performers... It'll be interesting to see exactly how funny he is without that...

Last edited by Writingfool; 03-21-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #10
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writingfool View Post
BTW, as discussed in another thread, there was some legal action regarding JD's act and he won't be able to do the characters and bits he "borrowed" from other performers... It'll be interesting to see exactly how funny he is without that...
Oh, did we conclude that?

I musta skipped class that day.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #11
Writingfool
Speaker of the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
Oh, did we conclude that?

I musta skipped class that day.
We meaning I, the royal we, the editorial... Wasn't a conclusion... just passing on some info that was shared

I sure do love NotJLB... Keeping folks honest and on their toes... and btw, for years I thought it was not LBJ... and I kept thinking, why would someone think this dude was President Johnston?
Old 03-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #12
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I sure do love NotJLB... Keeping folks honest and on their toes... and btw, for years I thought it was not LBJ... and I kept thinking, why would someone think this dude was President Johnston?
Because he lifts beagles by their ears and shows off his appendix scar?

Good Times in Branson
Old 03-24-2014, 11:58 AM   #13
believeinforeve

I knew the comedian was leaving....but I didn't know Tim Storms is too. Any word on where he is going?
Old 03-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #14
Hollywood
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinforeve View Post
I knew the comedian was leaving....but I didn't know Tim Storms is too. Any word on where he is going?
β€œ(Storms) is moving, along with his family, to open a recording studio in Bozeman, Mont.,” Britton said. β€œHe has been with me for eight years and will be sadly missed.”

Taken from this news article:

Old 03-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #15
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
We meaning I, the royal we, the editorial... Wasn't a conclusion... just passing on some info that was shared

My fellow Americans, and the rest of you, I come to you with a heavy heart.

Closed Thread