PDA

View Full Version : Runaway Mountain Coaster Area Appreciation

LuckyNumber85
04-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Area Appreciation is going on now through April 30th at the Runaway on Hwy 165. $10 rides for anyone with an id or paystub up to 60 miles out from Branson. Great time to visit, assuming you can dodge monsoon season.

sanddunerider
04-27-2017, 02:43 PM
I like that..60 mile circle.... instead of counties here and there..

bransoncutie
04-27-2017, 06:30 PM
I like that..60 mile circle.... instead of counties here and there..
As someone who has spent many years selling tickets, I don't. It would be a nightmare to try to figure out when you're the one selling the ticket! And suppose you have two families who come together. Both live in the same town, one within the 60 mile limitations and one on the other side of town, out of the radius. Then the ticket seller is either going to make the customer angry or their boss. Yeah...not the best idea. And typically, those counties they list are much more generous distance wise than a 60 mile radius.

LuckyNumber85
04-27-2017, 08:03 PM
A smart boss would give his employees a rough guideline "these are the major towns that are sixty miles away, but don't argue with people who are a few miles out of that and try to claim the deal" Most people are honest enough and will self select pretty closely, better to let a few extra in and gain the good will. Besides, most places around here limit to Stone and Taney only, in my experience, so anything further out is a positive move.

zalo9
04-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Or a simple program to measure distance between Zipcodes. We used this for decades to determine core markets at my business.

sanddunerider
04-28-2017, 06:59 AM
As someone who has spent many years selling tickets, I don't. It would be a nightmare to try to figure out when you're the one selling the ticket! And suppose you have two families who come together. Both live in the same town, one within the 60 mile limitations and one on the other side of town, out of the radius. Then the ticket seller is either going to make the customer angry or their boss. Yeah...not the best idea. And typically, those counties they list are much more generous distance wise than a 60 mile radius.

I understand, but from a owner/manager retail position, you need to trust employees with a "common sense factor":thumbsup::thumbsup:,,
LOL..
Of course that is sometimes too much to ask for.!!!:banghead::banghead:
LOL

bransoncutie
04-28-2017, 07:24 AM
A smart boss would give his employees a rough guideline "these are the major towns that are sixty miles away, but don't argue with people who are a few miles out of that and try to claim the deal" Most people are honest enough and will self select pretty closely, better to let a few extra in and gain the good will. Besides, most places around here limit to Stone and Taney only, in my experience, so anything further out is a positive move.

For Area Appreciation, EVERY theatre I've worked in has done far more than just Stone & Taney county. They do Stone & Taney for the LOCAL discounts. But Area Appreciation extends MUCH further than even 60 miles. Heck, I've sold Area Appreciation tickets to people who lived in Joplin and Rolla, just as examples.

bransoncutie
04-28-2017, 07:27 AM
I understand, but from a owner/manager retail position, you need to trust employees with a "common sense factor":thumbsup::thumbsup:,,
LOL..
Of course that is sometimes too much to ask for.!!!:banghead::banghead:
LOL

And in far too many of the situations in which I've worked, that has been the problem -- WAY too much to ask for!!! :duh::duh: And then when you have an absentee box office "supervisor" -- I worked in one theatre where the box office theatre had a B. O. "supervisor" who decided that the theatre was her SECOND job and she was there at stupid times, and rarely when a busy show was going in. She didn't give her "assistants" any leeway and in fact, they had to text or call her if there were any issues and could not do anything out of the norm without okaying it with her. (Don't ask me why upper management allowed this to continue. Just glad I'm not working with them any longer!)

bransoncutie
04-28-2017, 08:49 AM
As with anything, it all boils down to what a business owner/manager thinks will work best for their business.