PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaurs

missmary
08-28-2003, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know if the Dinasaur drive-thru park is still outside Eureka? I want to say it was called Land of Kong or something like that. We took our son 10 years ago and while watching home videos this week, he decided he needed to introduce his 4 year-old brother to it. I think he just wants to re-enjoy it himself, but anyway, any information on this would be appreciated. Also the price of admission. Thanks

VBeason
08-28-2003, 10:50 AM
it was a hoot wasn't it? I don't know if it is still open or not. I thought it was great. My dog thought one of the statues was real and just went up barking and barking until she discovered it was a lot bigger than she was, then she hid behind my husband's legs. Was very cute though. I know it was open about 8 years ago, and I hope it still is. I would also like to go visit it again sometime. I'll also go out and see what I can find out for you and post later.

Found their address and phone number, hope this helps.

Dinosaur World
8608 Highway 187
Eureka Springs, AR 72631-9136
Phone: (479) 253-8113

Vic

missmary
08-28-2003, 11:32 AM
I called the number and didn't get an answer. I'll try again on the weekend, just in case.

freakyy4life
09-09-2003, 09:55 PM
it was still open 2 years ago... BUT, it was in VERY bad shape. they didn't keep the lawn mowed like they used to, and alot of the dinosaurs were falling apart. i also felt unsafe out on the foot bridge across the lake...

I wouldn't recomend it... I loved it when i was little, but it was too expensice this time around. I can't remember how much it was, but it was too much for what is there anymore.

wouldn't recomend it nowdays

missmary
09-10-2003, 07:19 AM
Thanks, I knew I could depend on board buddies to give me the truth. I'm always on a budget and can't afford bad deals.