PDA

View Full Version : The 9th Annual 50s - 60s Street Dance...

Cheesecake
05-30-2003, 04:17 PM
The Lake Taneycomo Lakefront in Downtown Branson will be the site for the 9th Annual 50s - 60s Street Dance, June 25th, 8 pm to midnight, celebrating the rock and roll era. Many local entertainers share their talents at this nostalgic event that is enjoyed by all ages. For more details, call the Downtown Branson Main Street Association, 417-334-1548.

Bransonfan
05-30-2003, 04:37 PM
Has anyone ever attended this event? Please post about it if you have. I see this advertised every year and always wonder what it's like.

Branson Mom
06-03-2003, 02:14 PM
We went last year and had a really good time!!!

It was very crowded and hot, but we had fun. I can't remember if it was held at the same time last year or not.

This year it will be part of Summerfest and there will be a charge of $10.00 a person.

Disc Jockies from the Oldies station hosted it. Performers included Eddie Valen, The Platters, performers from Legends and one of the 50's shows.

A lot of folks brought lawn chairs and just sat and listened. I don't think we sat once!! Even my 15 year old son found some girls his age to dance with. There were people of all ages there, from little on up. They had a costume contest, which was pretty cute. Not many people were dressed in costume, but the ones who were really put a lot of effort in into it!

Hope this helps!