PDA

View Full Version : Where Did His Ring Go?

shis1
04-23-2009, 03:11 PM
It's a habit of mine to look on the 3rd finger of the left hand to see if an entertainer is wearing his wedding ring. Don't know why, just do. And one who doesn't wear his ring, and has been married to the same woman for many years is George Strait.....and he has such high morals, won't kiss another woman in a movie, video,etc. I've always wondered why he's never worn his wedding ring on stage :confused: Guess it's all in the image his 'studio, management, record label' wants him to project. Anyway, last night I noticed that David Letterman's ring is no longer on his finger:faint: He wore it for a while right after he got married, but I noticed it missing last night. And I would bet 'it's not because of the image they want him to project!' Dave kisses 'any and everything' in a skirt that 'graces his stage'!:faint: This is something that is not gonna 'shake the world up', but something that I notice!;)

bsafo132
04-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Maybe he's getting it sized :)

BS

shis1
04-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Maybe he's getting it sized :)

BS

:rofl:

deb_803
04-23-2009, 09:39 PM
My husband only wore his wedding ring after I put it on him at our wedding and during our honeymoon and that was it. We've been married for 32 years this July 2nd. His job won't let him wear it. Heck, I don't even wear mine anymore because it doesn't fit me.

I have no clue about George or Dave's rings. I think I've seen pictures of GS with his ring on recently.

Cheesecake
04-23-2009, 09:53 PM
My husband quit wearing a wedding ring many years ago..he had to have first one cut off, then he lost weight and lost his ring...he has a new one, but just decided against wearing it....no biggee.

I have received an anniversary ring for at least 25 years...they are all sentimental...but lets face it...I cannot wear them all...

Sometimes I just wear my gold wedding band...but it is wide ..from knuckle to knuckle...and I hate cause I have to keep taking it off to dry under it.

Well..I'm rambling...must be late...lol.:o

engel
04-24-2009, 05:36 AM
My hubby can't wear his & it would ruin it to have it sized, due to the design, but who thinks of that when choosing a ring.

BeagleDad
04-24-2009, 07:26 AM
Mine went on my hand March 15, 1986 and has not been off of my finger since. :cool:

Blaze2
04-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Golfer doesn't wear his when golfing or doing electrical work!
When we go out, it's on his finger.
A lot of men don't wear rings, I never pay attention to it!

I doubt GS not having his ring on means anything significant!

ozarksmomma
04-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Every now and then you might even find a woman that doesn't wear her ring...like me! I know I'm in the minority and most women wear their rings though. I wear my rings maybe 1-2 times a week. If we go out or just if I decide to that day. They irritate me, literally too. I work at a hospital and wash my hands a lot during the day and if I have my rings on there's always water left underneath them forever. Sometimes I get an itchy rash from the (probably left over soap).
Anyway, they just drive me crazy and aren't comfortable. I've been married almost 15 years. It used to bother my husband but he doesn't mention it anymore. He always wears his wedding band.

shis1
04-24-2009, 01:25 PM
I realize lots of people don't wear their wedding rings, men and women. Just thought it odd that Letterman was wearing his, now he isn't. And thought it a little soon for a 'newlywed' to 'ditch the ring' :D But, then, Letterman is a different breed.:rolleyes:

Blaze2
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
I realize lots of people don't wear their wedding rings, men and women. Just thought it odd that Letterman was wearing his, now he isn't. And thought it a little soon for a 'newlywed' to 'ditch the ring' :D But, then, Letterman is a different breed.:rolleyes:

Call him what he is, ODD, ARROGANT, CONCEITED and RUDE!

PatiCake101
04-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Call him what he is, ODD, ARROGANT, CONCEITED and RUDE!

you forgot UGLY! :D:D

StarsRUs
04-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Neither DH or I wear our wedding rings.

DH only wore his for a few weeks...but hasn't since in the 38 years we've been married...due to his job.

I quit wearing mine also due to my line of work. Would come home, put it on, then take it back off. Nonsense..so I haven't worn mine in probably 30 years or more either.

We both know we're married, so no biggy! ;)

Maybe he's getting it sized

Getting WHAT sized?? :eek: :rofl:

Grangie
04-24-2009, 07:20 PM
I have never taken mine off , if I did I would probably forget where it was now!!! Been married nearly 38 years, I would feel lost without it. and hubby wears his too.

ggh
04-24-2009, 08:36 PM
My hubby has almost lost his finger wearing his - but as soon as the finger healed, he had it back on again.

I wear mine 24/7/365, I take it off to clean it, and put it back on. I do have to be careful to dry around it well - because I have ended up with a rash myself a time or two - my design doesn't hold water very well though, no solid band.

I heard Dr Laura read a letter from one of her listeners today - the letter told the story about a guy who didn't wear his ring because of his job. For his anniversery he tatoo'd a ring on his finger. I thought that was a neat solution to the problem!

Critter
04-24-2009, 08:46 PM
I have my rings back on again. It was around 2 1/2 weeks and my fingers were normal again. Thank goodness. I hated not to have any rings on my fingers. I use to wear a ring on each finger except for the pinky and the thumb. Now I just wear 2 on each hand. I love rings though....

David wears his all the time too. He never takes it off unless I tell him to let me clean it. :)

katefromkansas
04-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Shis1 I too am one that notices when a guy doesn't have his ring on. While I understand alot of people don't wear their rings for one reason or another, I too wear mine, as does my husband. While we all know "we are married" with or without the ring....I feel there's a "reason" for the ring. Why else would there be one exchanged when you get married? Just my opinion.

Blaze2
04-28-2009, 08:51 AM
YES, there is a reason for the Wedding Ring!
There's also a good reason for it NOT to be worn!!!
There are some men in dangerous jobs where a ring
of any kind can cause them to loose a finer or even
loose their life. Ask a Farmer or an Electrician!
Not every man has a career in an office!
With or without his ring, Golfer respects our vows.
When working or playing GOLF, he does not wear his ring!
When he or we go out, his ring is on his finger, along with
a diamond horseshoe ring on the other hand I gave him
when we married!

Are you aware that women "on the prowl" are attracted by a man's wedding ring?
Why? No strings!

This thread is getting way too absurd about a ring! :duh:

pamlet
04-28-2009, 09:00 AM
When I was a kid my dad would take his off to go to work (he was a machinist/mechanic ..) then put it on when he got home ...

Toward the end of his life it was WAY too large - he kept it next to his bed .. He told us shortly before he died where it was (he was very ill and wanted to point it out I think..)

Mom stopped wearing hers for the same reason ... when both passed away we knew exactly where the rings were ... both wanted to be buried with them on..

My original wedding band had to be cut off during my first pregnancy ... I was able to get the band off that hubby gave me for our first anniversary .. I've worn it ever since..

I don't think hubby has had his off in the 29 years we've been married .. but then he's a computer programmer .. laugh