PDA

View Full Version : The Downing Street Boys, free concert on Oct 5th

Velva
09-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Introducing The Downing Street Boys!
They could just as easily be called “the Ozark’s All-Star Quartet”, because that’s just what they are. The Downing Street Boys are: Tenor, David Ponder of the Branson Brothers Show… Baritone, Ronnie Page former Chuck Wagon Gang and Oak Ridge Boys member… Lucas Case, former pianist for the Stamps Quartet and Dollywood’s Kingdom Heirs Quartet… Bass, Mark McCauley, formerly with the Mel Tillis Show and now with the New South Quartet… and Lead Singer, Trey Wilson of the New South Quartet.
Mark McCauley put the group together to sing some of the old-time Gospel songs. Their first appearance will be at the Hollister Town Square Park, October 5th, for the free “After Glow” program presented by the Kite House Bed & Breakfast. The concert will start at 8 p.m. (after church) and will feature the talented group in about a 90 minute concert. A late dinner will be available from Famous Dave’s Barbeque. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets for an old-time sing under the Hollister stars.
(Taney County Times, 10 Sep 08)

Daytimer
09-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Is there any other times this group will be performing? I love gospel and this group has some great guys in it.

nohona
09-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Well, here I was in a show this afternoon telling these two nice ladies that if they didn't have a show planned for tonight that this would be a great thing to see. I was really talking it up when one of the ladies said "Honey, we were at Skyline Baptist for church today and it was in the bulletin that it will be Oct. 5th". Lord would I have felt foolish if I had been sitting in Hollister Park all by myself waiting and waiting and waiting then calling one of them and giving them a ear full for not appearing. I am now home waiting for next Sunday. Thank heavens those two ladies went to church this morning, came to the show this afternoon, and we started talking by me asking them if they were on the Branson board.

Yes, I am getting old an forgetful.

Branson_native8
10-06-2008, 05:17 PM
I attended the gospel sing last night, and it was wonderful. I am guessing there was around 500 people there. The concert was dedicated to the memory of the late Chad Fuqua. Sp?

The Boys did a great job. The setting was perfect at the Hollister City Park. The lord blessed us with great weather. Famous Daves was there serving that great chopped pork.The guys kept everybody happy, doing songs like Winging my way back Home, give the world a smile, Pearl Buttons, Working on a building, and closed the night with Trey Wilson singing lead on the great classic Little is Much. The sound wasn't the best, but, for their first time it was great.

David Ponder did a wonderful job singing tenor, and, singing lead on a song he wrote called " I speak Life to you".

Trey as always did a wonderful job, even providing comedy in some spots. For my money he is one of the best lead singers around.

It was good to see Ronnie Page out there. Ronnie is getting up there in years, but, you couldn't tell that last night. He did a wonderful job as the baritone and Emcee. The guys gave him a hard time about being older and it was funny.

Lucas Case played the keys for the boys. He did a great job and had a solo on Mansion over the Hilltop.

Last but most assuredly not leat Mark McCauley. I don't know if you can find a better Bass singer, I think not, but i know a nicer man you will never meet.Mark kept the low notes coming all night. i even felt my chair shake a couple of times.

Overall a great night for Southern Gospel Music. All i can say is keep your eyes and ears open for when they do this again.

MarkMcCauley
11-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Hello Friends-
Mark McCauley here. I just wanted to thank everyone who showed up for the maiden voyage of the Downing Street Boys. I was hoping for 200 but we actually had nearly three times that much- just at 600 people in attendance!
I appreciate your support for The Downing Street Boys and of course New South and Branson Bros.
I will have a website up soon for the group at downingstreetboys.com.
Due to the overwhelming response, we plan on making this a regular event, kicking off on the first Sunday night in April and every first Sunday night through October. Be sure and read the regular articles by my buddy Ronnie Page in local free papers.
We plan on presenting the gospel in song through the old style convention music that seems to be declining in music today. Fear not for we will be carrying on the tradition of the old style.
Drop your email address to me at 1manager@kitehouse.com and we will keep you informed!
See you next spring in our new outdoor "Theater" partly designed by God himself in the beautiful Ozark montains. By the way listen close for accapella
numbers where you can hear the hills singing back in between lines of songs about our wonderful saviour. Here's to a new tradition "Afterglow" with the Downing Street Boys after the church service of your choice!

MarkMcCauley
11-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Hello Friends-
Mark McCauley here. I just wanted to thank everyone who showed up for the maiden voyage of the Downing Street Boys. I was hoping for 200 but we actually had nearly three times that much- just at 600 people in attendance!
I appreciate your support for The Downing Street Boys and of course New South and Branson Bros.
I will have a website up soon for the group at downingstreetboys.com.
Due to the overwhelming response, we plan on making this a regular event, kicking off on the first Sunday night in April and every first Sunday night through October. Be sure and read the regular articles by my buddy Ronnie Page in local free papers.
We plan on presenting the gospel in song through the old style convention music that seems to be declining in music today. Fear not for we will be carrying on the tradition of the old style.
Drop your email address to me at 1manager@kitehouse.com and we will keep you informed!
See you next spring in our new outdoor "Theater" partly designed by God himself in the beautiful Ozark mountains. By the way listen close for accapella
numbers where you can hear the hills singing back in between lines of songs about our wonderful saviour. Here's to a new tradition "Afterglow" with the Downing Street Boys after the church service of your choice!

MarkMcCauley
11-02-2008, 07:48 PM
By The Way-
We are raising money this winter to buy a new PA system that will cover the park. Initially the Pa system we had would have covered the park with the crowd expected. Cripes we had a lot more than expected! We'll have it covered by the time we open next year. Be reading the newspapers- we are considering doing some dates for this winter. I will annonce shortly.
Be on the look out for new developements.

Thanks,
Mark McCauley