PDA

View Full Version : Why has the KY-3 newsteam anchors changed?

rzrbkman
09-05-2007, 06:29 AM
I saw Steve Grant on the 6pm news last night and thought he was just filling in, but then Ethan Forentz was doing a special report. This morning Paul Adler was listed, during the voice-over, as one of the two morning anchors along with Maria Neider. I know from news reports and the Springfield magazine that Ethan was hired from St. Louis to take over for Jerry Jacobs. Anyone on here know what happened?

SemperFly
09-05-2007, 06:35 AM
I saw Steve Grant on the 6pm news last night and thought he was just filling in, but then Ethan Forentz was doing a special report. This morning Paul Adler was listed, during the voice-over, as one of the two morning anchors along with Maria Neider. I know from news reports and the Springfield magazine that Ethan was hired from St. Louis to take over for Jerry Jacobs. Anyone on here know what happened?

Jerry Jacobs if i remember correctly joined the Army and is now a Medic.
The rest I couldnt tell you about, I watch ABC for the local news

VBeason
09-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Didn't the station sell to a new company? That might have something to do with it.

Vickie

ozarkman
09-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Ethan will now be anchoring the 5 and 10 news. Steve Grant will now be on the noon and six news. The new morning anchor, Paul Adler, comes from Cincinnati. He is supposed to be top notch! KY3 did not sell, but actually bought KSPR 33, the abc affiliate. Hope this helps!:)

Cheesecake
09-05-2007, 08:03 AM
:D
I love them all.
Miss Jerry........;(

I heard that Steve was going to start sleeping in in the morning.
He has senority I suppose, to choose what he would like to do...he has been there longer than Lisa...who has been there more than 20 years.....

Have you seen their newly updated website?
Really great.

This is a classy news group...........compared to the ''distant San Francisco'' and ''Atlanta'' channels I watch.
I grew up and was a young mother, watching the San Francisco News Channels, and KY3 far surpasses them in quality and quantity.

And of course, they have NED.....:D:D:D:D:D

Not to mention the highly sophisticated weather ''stuff''....

They are always tweaking their programing to keep it fresh and this is, I suppose a new look for fall............

And, don't forget Andy and Opie are back, mid-day...........:D

ggh
09-05-2007, 09:08 AM
One regular on KY3 recently married, and I think the married couple are co-anchors on channel 33.

Suselit
09-05-2007, 05:27 PM
One regular on KY3 recently married, and I think the married couple are co-anchors on channel 33.

Ethan Forhetz married KY3 News reporter Sara Sheffield on April 21, 2007.

Cheesecake
09-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Did anyone hear that Cara from the 5pm newscast, left the station, or is she just on vacation?

Duh, I guess I could look at the website...but you know? I don't think I saw her picture there today.

I absolutely love love love David Cantonese........he has a blog somewhere...Ive got to find the url for that again.

I have the 5 am news for my alarm clock...by the time I'm awake and not groggy, Brandon is giving the weather.........he can start anyone's day right.........funny guy and dislexic as they come. HE IS A DOLL....

Coach Man
09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Time to call in Ron Burgundy........aka Will Ferrell from the movie "Anchorman":D

"You Stay Classy San Diego"

Coach Man.

rzrbkman
09-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Did anyone hear that Cara from the 5pm newscast, left the station, or is she just on vacation?

Duh, I guess I could look at the website...but you know? I don't think I saw her picture there today.

I absolutely love love love David Cantonese........he has a blog somewhere...Ive got to find the url for that again.

I have the 5 am news for my alarm clock...by the time I'm awake and not groggy, Brandon is giving the weather.........he can start anyone's day right.........funny guy and dislexic as they come. HE IS A DOLL....

I saw a public service commercial on KY-3 within the last week that had all of the KY-3 female anchors and reporters in it except Cara. I was wondering if she was still at the station.

jakwi
09-06-2007, 07:37 AM

This must be the season for changing anchors. The Madison and Milwaukee stations are doing the same thing.

Double Mom
09-06-2007, 07:56 AM
A couple of years ago the station we watch had a husband & wife, Chris Herzog & Sara Stokes, come from a Springfield station. I talked to Sara once & she said she used to go fishing in Branson.

Branson EDGE
09-06-2007, 12:47 PM

Jerry Jacobs enlisted in the US Army when the age restriction limit was lifted. He's been gone for several months. Many believe he will publish a book.

The company recently purchased another station - currently known as Springfield 33.

Many of the reporters have left for the new station which will launch in 3 days

Last week I conducted interviews with members of the new team. I posted one of the interviews online....It can be viewed by clicking this link . (http://bransonmissouri.blogspot.com/2007/08/kspr-preparing-to-launch-new.html)

I'll post more later this week and would be happy to send you more information upon request.

Regards,
Darin P. Codon
Branson (http://www.bransonedge.com) Edge

biscuitcreek
09-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Steve's last morning broadcast was on Tuesday. Had film clips of Steve's career so far at KY3; he used to anchor in the evenings with Tony Beason years ago. He switched to mornings when the morning newscast first started. Steve's first 6 pm broadcast was also on Tuesday.

The new morning guy is a Mizzou grad. I think he said he was born in Missouri and he was thrilled to be back in his home state.

Traci
09-07-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't know if any of you watch the week-end news or not. I noticed that Chad Plein is on there & he used to be with KOAM TV 7 Joplin/Pittsburg & Lisa Rose used to be with KODE TV Joplin a long time ago.