PDA

View Full Version : Officers prayers

SemperFly
07-31-2006, 12:16 PM
;) One day, three O-6s were hiking together and unexpectedly came upon a wide, raging, violent river. They needed to get to the other side, but had no idea of how to do so.

The Air Force Colonel called out to God, praying, "Please God, give me the strength to cross this river."
POOF!
God gave him big arms and strong legs, and he was able to swim across. It did, however, take him more than an hour and he almost drowned a couple of times.

Seeing this, the Army Colonel played to God saying, "Please God, give me the strength and tools to cross this river."
POOF!
God gave him a rowboat and oars. He was able to row across but it still took almost an hour, it was very rough, and he almost capsized several times.

The Navy Captain saw how things worked out for the other two, so when he prayed to God, he said, "Please God, give me the strength, tools, and the intelligence to cross this river."
POOF!
God turned him into a Marine Lance Corporal. He looked at the map, hiked upstream a couple of hundred yards, and walked across the bridge and had a couple of drinks before the others got there.

Cheesecake
07-31-2006, 12:19 PM
heheheh
Semper fi !!

Im sure the Army Navy and Air Force have a rebutal..........roflol.:rolleyes:

Blaze2
07-31-2006, 04:04 PM
.....makes sense to me! Smart thinkin'! :D

SemperFly
08-01-2006, 07:22 AM
I’m an Air Force Veteran also but what we continually ask of our Marines, they had more than earned the right to some kidding at our expense.

Wingman, while I (we) certainly appreciate your sentiments, the Marine Corps does just as much as the other branches. We that have served can all kid like brothers, fight like brothers, but dont let someone that has never served disrespect ANY of our branches.
we are all brothers in arms my friend (even if the Marine Corps is the best ;) )
I read this somewhere the other day
"By my hands and the hands of my brothers-in-arms, the freedom of the United States of America stands"

pamlet
08-01-2006, 08:46 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D

I don't have anything to add... laugh..

Just that I love all the branches of our service! And am SO THANKFUL for the jobs they ALL do!

Our neighbor boy .. well not much of a boy anymore.... is making the rounds of all the recruiting offices.... has Navy down ... hitting Air Force next ... then Army then Marine Corps. He just going into his senior year - but when he took the test .. he ranked VERY high at the Navy office. He's taking his time an weighing them all. We're VERY proud of him! He's like our own son really.

My kids both have health problems that would keep them out. The older really wanted to serve - the younger not (not sure what that's all about - but he's always been the rebel of the bunch). Even if he wanted to the younger couldn't anyway I imagine due to epilepsy... he can't even get a driver's license.

Anywho ... thanks for the cute joke ... and the wonderful sentiments y'all are sharing!