PDA

View Full Version : Deer Crossings

Stvshll
06-14-2006, 04:21 AM
I was reading some posts on another site when I came across something very interesting. We have a boat excursion on Beaver Lake called Belle of the Ozarks and this is the post the owner made yesterday.

"Today aboard the Belle of the Ozarks we saw again two deer swim the lake. Deer swim the lake to Deer Island to drop their fawns, probably because there are no coyotes on the island. The deer wait a few days then swim back to the mainland with the new born. Everyone took great pictures because we got within 50 feet."

That's something you won't see everyday. Click on this link to find more information. http://www.belleoftheozarks.com/

Thanks,

Steve
www.PaperMoonAttractions.com
479-363-0363

VBeason
06-14-2006, 07:41 AM
That is like way too cool! Thanks for sharing! That would definitely be something to see!

Vickie

QueenAngie
06-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Wouldn't that be great to see!

***But, I can't imagine being 9 months pg, or overdue, and be expected to swim acrossed the lake, get out of the water at the island, and birth a baby. Then a few days later, both of you swim back. Good thing I'm not a deer!***

Cheesecake
06-14-2006, 08:29 PM
I love animals...domestic and wild...

This is a beautiful story....

The Ozarks is abundant with wild life, and watching it is a blessing.

I love the deer on the farm here....

There is a VERY gray old buck that comes out from behind our barn every evening.....he takes the same path every night, with his family...they have worn a path in front of the barn....when it's wet their small hoof prints are formed in the mud....when he has passed the front of the barn....and is about to go down our lane to the cattle shoot...5 mama's come and follow him...they have fawns now....and I've worried about the babies born early June...cause we have crews haying...and often when I mowed hay...I would come across a baby fawn...laying in the deep grass.

They have just gone for their drink at the pond near the house here...

Tonight the cattle were all snuggled down on this end of the farm...almost like its going to storm....they lay as far east as they can go in bad weather...but, tonight its warm and they all are drinking together...cattle and deer........it's very interesting to sit out there in dusk....
On this side of the farm I have dusk for a long time, as the house here is on the morning side of the bluff....the sun hides early.

Thanks for the story Steve.....just so wonderful, I really enjoyed it.