PDA

View Full Version : Blues out the kazoo

Stvshll
06-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Sorry I have been out of town and not gotten to post for the last few weeks. I can't believe someone hasn't said anything about the BluesFest this weekend in Eureka Springs.

Take a look at the lineup.

Headliners include TAJ MAHAL, JIMMY THACKERY, REBA RUSSELL, JOHN MOONEY, CAROLYN WONDERLAND, SONNY LANDRETH, CHRIS DUARTE, SCOTT HOLT, ANTHONY GOMES, THE TABLEROCKERS, JOHN McVEY AND THE STUMBLE, JAMES COTTON, THE CATE BROTHERS AND MORE...

Four packages plus individual tickets available and ON SALE NOW!!!. Packages include weekend Trolley Passes.

Go to www.eurekaspringsbluesfestival.com for schedules, ticket purchase and additional information.

Hope this is not to late for some one of you to make it.

Steve

Branson Bluesman
06-02-2006, 08:57 AM
I would be there but I thought it was a bit pricey for those artists. Just my .02. :cool:

Stvshll
06-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks Bluesman, I appreciate your input and will pass it on to the festival organizers. Did you make it here to see Saffire the Uppity Blues Women? If you didn't you missed a great show. Besides Saffire we had EG Kight and she was awesome. You need to catch her some time. If you have time let me know who you would spend money on to come see.

Thanks Steve

VBeason
06-02-2006, 09:51 AM
If we were closer we would have definitely enjoyed this. But we couldn't get the time off to head down.

Keep us posted on all going on. We will try to make the next one.

Vickie

slbtrout52
06-14-2006, 06:29 PM
My brother-in-law and I were in Eureka Springs the weekend of the Blues Festival, but we went to fish. Spent two days on the Beaver Tailwaters and caught lots of trout and then took a guided Stripper Fishing trip on Beaver Lake for 1/2 day and caught some very nice Strippers. I love going to Eureka; however, I do not like the way the Motel owners jack up the prices everytime there is something special going on in town . . . like the Blues Festival. Paid about 45% more for a room above the normal weekend rate. Not a nice way to treat regular guests.

I have tickets to see the Smother's Brothers in October and am watching to see what entertainers you will be bringing in this year. Saw Susan Werner last year and loved her. I appreciate the the variety of entertainment you are trying to bring into Eureka Springs.

Branson Bluesman
06-14-2006, 06:33 PM
I appreciate the the variety of entertainment you are trying to bring into Eureka Springs.
This doesn't sound too bad...
Fri 09/15/06 Dr. John - The Auditorium
Sat 09/16/06 Little Feat - The Auditorium