PDA

View Full Version : Joey Riley Married?

Sandypants
04-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Does anyone know if Joey Riley is still married to his childhood sweetheart?

engel
04-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Yes, I believe he mentioned his wife during a show.

Don Baker Sr
04-28-2006, 08:15 PM
saw his show in April this year.........he said he was engaged to young lady that worked at SDC for the cajun band .......he introduced her at his show......don b
________
HONDA 70 (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_70)

Blaze2
04-28-2006, 08:21 PM

We were at the show in Texas when he introduced his fiance', in January.
but she never was his childhood sweetheart.
She dances at SDC, not sure if they've married yet.
As for his childhood sweetheart perhaps you have him mixed up with someone else.

deb_803
04-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Is this the lady that dances in the Cajun show? I thought she was married to Cedric or whatever his name is. Or maybe they weren't married. I don't want to start rumors. I know I have seen them together (Cedric and the girl) several times.

OKCtraveler
04-28-2006, 11:06 PM
I don't know how recent this article is but I found it on his website...
But the real Joey's show business history is long, indeed. Joey's parents owned a country music theater in Wiley, Texas, called the Wiley Opry. Joey was onstage performing while still in diapers. After high school he moved to Nashville, Tennessee, where he worked playing steel guitar and fiddle. He moved to Branson in 1989. Mickey Gilley discovered Joey while he was working at a small theater in Branson. Under the wing of country great Mickey Gilley, Joey won the Branson's Entertainer of the Year Award. Joey still performs year-round at Gilley's and during the off-season, Joey plays gigs around the country. He's also an entrepreneur, owning Riley's Recording Studios in Branson and the Riley Limo Service. He's happily married to his longtime sweetheart, Summer. For, fun, just like his real and fictional mentor, Mickey Gilley, Joey earned his pilot's license. He also likes fishing and playing with his drooling bulldog Leroy.

NtheNo
04-28-2006, 11:46 PM
I have no clue what Joey's marital status is but if you are referring to Kelly, the blonde dancer with the Cajun Connection at SDC, she is not married to Cedric Benoit .. I don't believe she has ever been married to him. I thought Joey's wife's name was Helen (but then again I certainly don't claim to have the inside scoop on his personal life).

maryinecho
04-29-2006, 09:39 AM
When I called to make reservations at the box office for Joey the lady told me he was engaged to a lady that is a dancer at SDC. Coming from her I suppose it is true.

Suselit
04-29-2006, 11:27 AM

Why do you ask?

Blaze2
04-29-2006, 11:50 AM
[Quote]:
But the real Joey's show business history is long, indeed. Joey's parents owned a country music theater in Wiley, Texas, called the Wiley Opry. Joey was onstage performing while still in diapers. After high school he moved to Nashville, Tennessee, where he worked playing steel guitar and fiddle. He moved to Branson in 1989. Mickey Gilley discovered Joey while he was working at a small theater in Branson. Under the wing of country great Mickey Gilley, Joey won the Branson's Entertainer of the Year Award. Joey still performs year-round at Gilley's and during the off-season, Joey plays gigs around the country. He's also an entrepreneur, owning Riley's Recording Studios in Branson and the Riley Limo Service. He's happily married to his longtime sweetheart, Summer. For, fun, just like his real and fictional mentor, Mickey Gilley, Joey earned his pilot's license. He also likes fishing and playing with his drooling bulldog Leroy. [/End Quote]

Some of the above information is so incorrect!

Sandypants
04-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Truefully I'm old enough to be his mother, so not for me. A friend asked me about his martial status. Also, on this list of subjects, why does it say my question has been moved. Just where has it been moved and why? Don't understand that......any reason for that?

Suselit
04-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Truefully I'm old enough to be his mother, so not for me. A friend asked me about his martial status. Also, on this list of subjects, why does it say my question has been moved. Just where has it been moved and why? Don't understand that......any reason for that?

It was moved because this is more Chit Chat than Shows information.:)

MBLurker
04-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Some of the above information is so incorrect!

Other than the info about him still being married...what was incorrect?

Blaze2
04-30-2006, 11:34 PM
He's happily married to his longtime sweetheart, Summer.
He never performed in diapers!

They knew each other only a few months before the wedding.
Met in August, married in March.
I know, for one of my family members introduced them.

Brandy5782
05-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Joey has been married at least twice. No kids. He is engaged to Kelly a dancer with the Cajun Connection at SDC... They are not married, yet. But Joey was never married to a childhood sweetheart. He has been single for quite some time too. I have known him since I was 8 yrs old and he never mention either of his wives being a childhood sweety. I know all I said is fact.. You guys are welcome to check, though.

Brandy

Sandypants
05-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks, for replying and I believe you. There are always so many stories going around about performers, you don't know what to believe...

him8nc
05-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Joey and Summer divorced several years ago.

I've interviewed him for an area magazine. The photographers and I went to his house and I interviewed him in the recording studio in his basement.

I've also interviewed Summer for another publication. That was a couple of years ago and she was in the process of starting her own limo service at that time. I haven't seen any ads for her limo business lately so I'm not sure if it's still around or not.

Joey was an easy interview because he's just a regular guy who got lucky and gets paid to do what he loves to do. Great guy.