PDA

View Full Version : October boat ride opinion

JUDITH
08-26-2002, 09:34 AM
Was wondering if anyone has an opinion on this. Have always wanted to rent a boat and go out on the lake. Our friends and I were tossing out the idea of renting a boat in mid-October and taking a picnic lunch. Was wondering if would be too chilly???? Only been to Branson in October just one time in at least 10 years and can't remember the weather at that time.

Also who has the best price for rentals????

Barb
08-26-2002, 11:53 AM
Can't help much with the weather as it's been about 10 years since we've been in October. Check out Scotty's for boat rentals we have rented for him many times. He's at the city docks, last one on the left as you face the lake.

BigBransonFan
08-26-2002, 12:31 PM
Average temps in Branson:
October High 72F
October Low 42F
October Mean 58F
October Average Presip 3.30"

:confused:

scissortail
08-26-2002, 05:35 PM
That sounds like fun!!
As for the weather.....it's really unpredictable!
It could be beautiful, and warm -OR- It could be rather chilly. It would be best, in my opinion, to just play it by ear, and decide when you get there if the boat ride would be a good idea or not.

That probably didn't help you much! :rolleyes:

flyfishinggolfer
08-28-2002, 05:03 AM
Which lake? If Taneycomo I recommend starting at Main Street Marina for the pontoon you want. Have fun!

JUDITH
08-28-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by flyfishinggolfer
Which lake? If Taneycomo I recommend starting at Main Street Marina for the pontoon you want. Have fun!

Good morning, was thinking of Table Rock Lake. Really something we have always wanted to do and never did and thought the colors would be beautiful at that time.

Grands
08-28-2002, 07:32 AM
Have fun and stick your finger in the water for me!
Iva