PDA

View Full Version : hey branson fishermen

tkite
01-26-2006, 11:51 AM
We are going to be there between March 5th -10th. My question is - Is there better smallmouth bass fishing in Taneycomo or Table Rock and how would go after them at this time of year .

SemperFly
01-26-2006, 12:05 PM
I assume you will be in a boat?
The lower end of Taneycomo has some nice fish in it. But T/R has more, plus more water to cover, bigger waves, more boat traffic, etc.
There was a 6 lb largemouth taken from the lower end of Taney this past weekend.

tkite
01-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Awesome ,yes we will be in a boat ,on taney are they around docks or around rock or both? I hear the water is cooler in taney will they be
active in March

tkite
01-26-2006, 12:11 PM
also is the trout fishing good in March.We are not fly fishermen though

SemperFly
01-26-2006, 12:51 PM
trout fishing is ALWAYS good on taney and you dont need to throw a fly rod to catch em. Just remember that there is no live bait or soft plastic allowed above Fall Creek!! that includes power bait and things like that.

as far as the smallies go, they would probably be hanging out around the rock cliffs on the lower end below rockaway beach. or somwhere where the water will warm up quickly in the sun. shallows, rocks, things like that.
lizards, worms and craws will work well for them. try a Senko worm and rig it wacky style. black, watermelon, pumpkinseed seem to work best for me.