PDA

View Full Version : Just saying "Hi"

Phil459
01-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Hi, my name is Phil and I am from Northwest Indiana (Right outside of Chicago)
My family (Wife and two boys 6 and 7) and I are going to be visiting Branson the last week of May and the first two days of June. We like nature stuff (Hiking etc.) We usually go to the Smokies, but thought we would try the Ozarks. One reason we like hiking is that it is free in the Smokey Mountain National Park and money is tight. I was disappointed to find out that you had to pay for dogwood canyon. Any recommendations would be welcome. (Both for "Nature" stuff and for other fun things. We will be staying for eight days.)

Country Gal
01-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Welcome to the board and Happy New Year!! :D

Suselit
01-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Well, Dogwood Canyon is privately owned.
But it's not the only place to hike. :)

Here's links to some things our members have wrote about in the Outdoor Activities section of this forum:

Hiking Bransonís family friendly Lake Taneycomo White River Corridor Trail
http://www.1branson.com/forum/t14894.html

New Table Rock Lakeshore Trail along Bransonís Table Rock Lake
http://www.1branson.com/forum/t12698.html

for more, just do a SEARCH This Forum at
http://www.1branson.com/forum/f6-branson-outdoor-activities.html

PUMPKIN
01-01-2006, 08:37 AM
:p WELCOME TO THE BOARD. HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME HERE. HAPPY NEW YEAR. :D

ashbris
01-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the board. I don't have any information about hiking, but you have come to the right place because this board is full of people with lots of knowledge!! Enjoy your trip to Branson and be sure and write a review when you return home.

CHRISTISAM2001
01-01-2006, 08:19 PM
:) Welcome to the board!!! Hope you have a great time visiting Branson!!!

NEXT BRANSON TRIP...MARCH 2006!! :D :D

Double Mom
01-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the board! Branson is a wonderful place to vacation...one place we've gone is to the fish hatchery, it's free and interesting...just a cost if you want to feed the fish.

Missouri Mom
01-02-2006, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the board!

BransonGudTimr
01-02-2006, 09:41 AM
There are several great places to hike in the Branson Area. Busick Park north of Branson offers miles of trails along streams and hill tops. Henning State Forest just northwest of Branson is another. South, in Arkansas, the Buffalo National River Park offers some of the most beautiful hiking in the country. If you enjoy hiking, don't miss the Buffalo located about an hour south. Shorter trails are also available in Branson and near Table Rock State Park. Wonderful trails work their way into the Mincy Wildlife Area southeast of town. All are free. In addition, there are several other attractions that are free to visitors inlcuding the Table Rock Visitors Center and the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery. Glad you are considering Branson for your vacation. Don't forget your hiking shoes.