PDA

View Full Version : Mexican punch

LadyDrifter
12-20-2005, 09:21 AM
I am looking for a recipe for Mexican punch. My dh loved the punch we were able to get at our favorite Mexican restaurant where we used to live, but have not been able to find it where we live now. I have looked on the net and have found several recipes, but nothing that really sounds like what I am looking for. I was hoping someone here might have a good one. The one I am looking for is non-acoholic and tastes like it has pineapple juice in it. Thanks. :)

Lady Drifter

IslandGirl
12-20-2005, 09:31 AM
I lived in Mexico for a year and that included a Christmas. They had a drink that was used at Christmas time and I never did get the recipe. It's non-alcoholic and contained chunks of fruits. Is that what you're talking about? I will try to ask one of my friends over there, but don't know if she'll get back to me in time though.

LadyDrifter
12-20-2005, 09:54 AM
I don't think this one was a 'Christmastime' punch necessarily (it was served in the restaurant year round), and it did not have chunks of fruit in it, but that sounds wonderful as well. I would be interested in seeing that recipe if you don't mind. Thanks! :)

Avais
12-21-2005, 03:12 PM
I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not, but I found this in one on the computer with my recipes. It calls for fruit, but I guess you could puree the fruit.

"This Mexican punch is quite flavorful. With or without the fruit floating in your glass, it makes for a nice beverage."
Original recipe yield: 20 servings.
Prep Time:20 MinutesReady In:20 MinutesServings:20 (change)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INGREDIENTS:
3 oranges, juiced
3 lemons, juiced
1/2 pound seedless green grapes, halved
1/2 pound plums, pitted and chopped into small bite-size pieces
1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and chopped into small bite-size pieces
1 cup white sugar
4 cups strong brewed black tea, chilled
4 cups crushed ice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
In a large punch bowl, combine orange juice, lemon juice, grapes, plums and pineapple. Stir in sugar. Pour in tea and crushed ice.

LadyDrifter
12-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Hmmm... sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing this with me. :)

CHRISTISAM2001
12-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Here is the one we make every year and for special occasions....

one frozen orange juice 12oz
one frozen pineapple juice 12oz
one package of tropical punch Kool aid
one cup of sugar

mix this together and add enough water to make one gallon... (I always add just a little more) this is wonderful frozen slushy!! To me and everyone that has tried it , it is our favorite!! And very easy to make!!! I think you can also substitute different kool aids , but this is the only kind we ever use. :)

NEXT BRANSON TRIP...MARCH 2006!! :D :D

LadyDrifter
12-22-2005, 03:44 PM
That sounds like it! Thank you so much. I am sure hubby will enjoy this.

CHRISTISAM2001
12-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Did you get to try this punch?? Just wondered if you liked it?! :D

PUMPKIN
12-27-2005, 11:10 PM
:p Mexican Tea Punch

Ingredients:
2 c Tequila
2 c Tea; strong, cold
1 c Pinapple juice
1/4 c Honey
1/4 c Water
1/4 c Lime juice
1/4 c Lemon juice
1 1/2 ts Cinnamon; ground
1 1/2 ts Aromatic bitters

Preparation:
Mix all ingredients; refrigerate until chilled. Stir before serving. Serve over ice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
FRUIT PUNCH

INGREDIENTS:
3 oranges, juiced
3 lemons, juiced
1/2 pound seedless green grapes, halved
1/2 pound plums, pitted and chopped into small bite-size pieces
1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and chopped into small bite-size pieces
1 cup white sugar
4 cups strong brewed black tea, chilled
4 cups crushed ice

DIRECTIONS:
In a large punch bowl, combine orange juice, lemon juice, grapes, plums and pineapple. Stir in sugar. Pour in tea and crushed ice.

LadyDrifter
12-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Did you get to try this punch?? Just wondered if you liked it?! :D

No. I've not had the chance to try it yet. I have been carrying around the recipe in my purse ever since though. :) We had a big batch of Christmas punch at my sister-in-law's, so I am trying to wait a bit. I'll let you know!