PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Hunters at the Crecent

nkt0008
10-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Hey, did anyone catch the Crecent Hotel on "Ghost Hunters" last night on the Sci-Fi Channel? It was an hour long and they focused on the Crecent along with Dr. Ellis's former home in Eureka Springs.

deb_803
10-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Hey, did anyone catch the Crecent Hotel on "Ghost Hunters" last night on the Sci-Fi Channel? It was an hour long and they focused on the Crecent along with Dr. Ellis's former home in Eureka Springs.

Hey Conway neighbor!
I taped it, I haven't watched it yet. Was it good?

VBeason
10-20-2005, 04:49 PM
I missed it. Have experienced the ghosts there though. That was definitely interesting. Hopefully they will re-run it. I'll have to check it out.

Vickie

Suselit
10-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Doggone it!
I missed it, too.
But maybe since it's Halloween time, they will re-run the show.
I have Branson on my TiVo wish list...now I'm going to put Eureka Springs on it so I won't miss anything.
Thanks for the heads up, nkt0008.

Cheesecake
10-23-2005, 11:16 AM
I missed it too...but Im not home.

I luv Ghosts...they are a very sad group of (something) that I feel need some encouragement....soon they will cross over, if only they could settle their issues.

I really do not think any of my relatives have been left in the ''twilight zone''....but, it seems there is this one fella who has been with me for years.
He nearly gave my first husband a heart attack, or some kind of attack.........
I told him to cool it....second husband had a heart attack all on his own last month.....lets just be cool for awhile.

Hopefully the TV show will replay :D:D:D

gbranmtns
10-23-2005, 02:13 PM
I missed it. I hope they rerun it again soon. I love that show.

shadow
10-23-2005, 06:14 PM
I caught deb's (I believe) post that it was going to be on, and I taped it and finally watched it Friday night. Pretty interesting.

They caught a full body apparition with their thermal detector. You can clearly see a full outline of a man in the thermal image but by the other cameras there is nobody standing there. They also had the tales of room 418(?), where items will neatly stack themselves against the door, and lo and behold, one of the hunters checked into that room, went about setting things up in the hall and came back and couldn't easily get back in the room because a laptop was against the door. It had moved from by the television to against the door - about 10 feet.

nkt0008
10-24-2005, 07:28 AM
Yea, I thought the show was pretty good. It's not one of these shows where the people believe every bump or noise to be a ghost. They actually do their best to technically disprove that there are spirits or ghosts in a place. But, there undoubtebly was a full apparition (sp?) in the basement of the Cresent. I had been down the the baseement once while visiting the Crecent. I didn't see or feel anything odd while I was there, but with so many stories and things happening at that place, not to mention its crazy histroy, it has to be haunted. They also went to Dr. Ellis's former home, where a man by the name of Caroll I believe it was lives. He is also one of the tour guides for the ghost tours at the Crecent.

Anyway, if you missed it, I don't know when they replay those shows, but it would definately be worth looking it up.

bandit.9
12-31-2005, 01:26 AM
I missed the show :( .....but I've been there and have pictures of some weird stuff, and heard sounds outside the hotel and in the basement, its sad to say but when I heard these sounds I ran off so fast that I left my poor mother and children behind...after a minute or so I remembered them....

rosey_krh
01-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Dude, I know I am really late joining this discussion. But I was amazed at the image that showed up on the thermal camera. You could even see the apparitions head move. I rewound that part over and over again. It was awesome.
I have always said that I want to stay there. Although I don't know why, because I would be scared stupid the entire time.

deb_803
01-23-2006, 10:43 PM
I just remembered I have that show taped and haven't watched it yet.

Lydia1959
02-08-2006, 11:34 AM
I went on the Cresent Ghost Tour a few years ago. Didn't see any ghosts nor did any appear in my photos. It was interesting though. The final room of the tour is one in the basement. I will warn you that if you are claustrophobic (like I am) you may want to skip it. There are low ceilings and small rooms and add to that the 20 or so people in your group all crammed in.

Missed the Cresent episode. Anyone know when it will be rurun?

VBeason
02-08-2006, 11:58 AM
According to their website - 3/22/06 at 9:00 central.

deb_803
03-13-2006, 10:40 PM
According to their website - 3/22/06 at 9:00 central.

Will this be on Si-Fi? 9:00 pm ? I hope I remember.

VBeason
03-14-2006, 08:06 AM
This will be on Sci Fi! I've got a reminder on my digital box to tape it in case I'm not able to watch it myself since that is on the same time as one of my other shows.

Vickie

Stvshll
03-14-2006, 08:25 AM
A story was told to me that happened while they were here filming.

The female producer doesn't believe any of the ghost stories that she produces which is why they have her as the producer. The crew was having a meeting with one of the city officials and this producer had to go downstairs for something. When she got back to the meeting she was as white as a sheet. When asked what was wrong she would not talk about it or could not right then. After the meeting the city official asked her again what had happened. The producer said that as she walked down the hall back to the meeting she heard each and every door unlock and lock as she walked by it. The weirdest part of this was they had the complete floor to themselves.

Have a great day,

Steve Shell
www.PaperMoonAttractions.com
479-363-0363

VBeason
03-14-2006, 10:43 AM
It may have been the same one who kept unlocking our balcony door when we stayed there about 10 years ago. Was a little unnerving at first, but as I posted earlier, I pleaded with them to not scare the dog and please don't unlock the door again and if they really had to turn on the TV, please keep the noise down. They did and we didn't have another incident (except the TV being turned on in the night - but the sound was kept down).

I would like to go back sometime and stay there again. We enjoyed our stay. Now I know the ghost of Morris is still running around there somewhere and he followed me all over the hotel and grounds when we were there before. The owners started to scold me about picking him up but there were others around who told them that he jumped in my lap whenever I was near on his own. Guess he knew a kind sole when he saw one.

Vickie

VBeason
03-24-2006, 09:07 AM
Wow, it was pretty freaky. But I know we were haunted up there before. It was a really good episode. Can't wait to see what they come up with this year.

Vickie

PatiCake101
03-24-2006, 09:14 AM
WHY did I read this thread???????

I won't sleep for two weeks now! :eek:

VBeason
03-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Oh Pati- the ones we had were very friendly. Terry and I were laughing about it last night when we watched the tape (I had taped it Wednesday). Mainly because he remembered the TV being turned on (loud), but he had forgotten about the door opening to the balcony. After we asked that they don't scare the dog or let her out of the room, we didn't have any trouble with that. The TV still got turned on in the middle of the night, but the sound was way down. Only reason we knew it came on is because hubby was a light sleeper at the time and woke up. The last night, he just laughed and left it on for them to enjoy. I think they were watching the Vacation Channel. It was funny. After watching the show, we were trying to remember which floor we were on and I think we stayed on the 3rd floor. Might have been the 4th floor. I know there was activity on the 4th floor for sure.

We were talking about going back since we don't have the dog now and see if we can stay there again. I know they have added one more ghost to the mix -- the ghost of Morris the Cat -- he was my friend when we were there and followed me everywhere - one time even to the car to check it out.

Vickie

PatiCake101
03-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Vickie....you're going back??? :eek:

I'm sure that there are probably "friendly ghosts/spirits"....but if someone offered me $5000.00 to spend one night in that place...this old scardy cat would say without one doubt...NO THANKS!!!

You're braver than I am, that's for sure. Actually, I wouldn't even go there during the day!! :eek: :o

P.S.

Are there other haunted places in Eureka Springs...as you know we are thinking of going there for a day next weekend. If there are anymore, please let me know...I want to stay as FAR away as POSSIBLE!

VBeason
03-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Oh you'll be OK. Actually you should go to the hotel. It is beautiful and does have a wonderful restaurant.

I guess the entities don't bother me because I don't bother them. Actually we laugh about a lot of these things because we swear our home is haunted. I live in the home we moved into when I was 5. Both of my parents passed away here and I swear they are still here looking out for us. I have severe arthritis and I have trouble when it comes to baking, making candy, etc., and when I do I feel like I have some helping me with the bowls and pans when I go to pour candy out. Hubby even says it like all of a sudden I go from having a lot of trouble to no trouble at all. So I know Mom is there helping me since she was the one who used to do all of this. Then the funniest thing is my dad. On his birthday the bathroom that used to be in their room will flush for no reason at all. Sometimes once, sometimes up to 3 times, but it always on his birthday. Then other times hubby has sworn he has felt dad's hand when we were talking about him and I was upset or something. The holidays are always the hardest for me since it was their favorite time of the year. But actually knowing they are there makes it a lot nicer for us. We have talked about moving and selling the house, but then we never do -- we just keep doing things to it to make it homier and we feel they are looking down and smiling at us. Hubby never knew my Mom but called me by her name one day -- totally took both of us by surprise. He is convinced they are still "living" through us.

Vickie

gbranmtns
03-24-2006, 01:23 PM
I have been visited from my family that have passed several times. The home that we live in now was my grandparents' house, then my parents and now ours. The house my dad & step mom live in is the house that I grew up in. I laugh and tell hubby that I lived in 3 houses in my life. The one we have now is the one my parents lived in when I was born. Okay, now the "funny" story that my step mom told me the other day. They have been doing some remodeling. They painted all the rooms, laying new carpet, etc. For years, my mom tried to convince him to change some of the carpets, especially the one in their bedroom, green & orange shag. My step mom said that she keeps finding bobby pins in the house in places that there is no way for them to ever have been. She doesn't use them, but my mom used to and they are appearing on the floor in the rooms where there is new carpeting. Also their doorbell keeps ringing, without anyone there, and usually in the middle of the night when they are sleeping.

I believe that spirits are there and when we need them most somehow they are there.

PatiCake101
03-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Somebody SLAP me!! WHY do I continue to read this thread? Okay....I'm outta here.... :eek:

Now I won't sleep for a month!

Lydia1959
03-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Can anybody tell me what happened the first half hour of the show? I missed it, had to watch American Idol. *S* Did they say that the doctor (who's house was featured in the second half) gave the Cresent Hotel ghost tours. He sure did look like the man who took us on ours.

VBeason
03-27-2006, 08:13 AM
No they didn't say that. But they did set up in several of the rooms and in one of them, the laptop case got moved from in front of the TV to against the door and the guy had a hard time getting in the room. Then when they went down and took the thermal imaging camera down to the morgue a shape showed up in front of a locker down there and the number on the locker shows up red hot. When they tried to recreate that whole thing, got nothing, not even a number. They said it looked like maybe the guard that used to stand on duty or a confederate soldier.

It really was interesting.

Vickie