PDA

View Full Version : Lake Taneycomo- Public Areas For Fishing

steelhead
06-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm going to be in Branson this weekend for the first time and would really like to fish Lake Taneycomo. I love to flyfish but I'm bring my boys with me on this trip. Can you direct me to some good fishing areas? We will mostly be fishing with bait so the restricted area will be out of the question. I have a good idea how to fish for trout...I just need a little help finding an area. I would like to try to fish the restricted area with some lures also...so a little help with finding a good area for that kind of fishing would also be helpful.
Thanks in advanced!!
Matthew AKA Steelhead

TheOleSeagull
07-01-2005, 06:00 AM
Hello everyone,
Can you direct me to some good fishing areas? We will mostly be fishing with bait so the restricted area will be out of the question.

Would suggest the public fishing dock at Cooper Creek or the lake shore and docks along the edge of the camp ground in down town Branson. Enter using Long Street. Scotty's Lake Front Trout Dock (http://www.scottystroutmarina.com/)is at the camp grounds and they will have some good info on what to use and where.

I would like to try to fish the restricted area with some lures also...so a little help with finding a good area for that kind of fishing would also be helpful.

In the restricted area you can use flies and any other lure except one that is scented or made of soft plastic. The best public access to that area is through the Shepherd of the Hills Hatchery up by the dam. You can also get access by walking down the public boat lauching ramp. Caution, if they are generating water there will not be a lot of room. I fish that area a lot and use jigs and flies with a spining rod. For current flies etc. you might want to check out our latest fishing report (http://bransoncourier.com/article.php?news_ID=414) which will provide information and access to information from people that fish the lake just about every day.

Hope you have a great trip.