PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere to clean fish for us

mildred623
06-04-2005, 05:53 AM
My husband and I are making our first trip to Branson in 2 weeks. I was wondering if there are places along the lake that will clean your fish for you and store them until it's time to go home. We are staying in a motel and really dont want to have to bother with it. I know here where we live there are places that do this around the lake. If so could you give me a name and address or phone number. Thank you

Broken4Good
06-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Well for quite a while now i have benn watching the fishermen on taneycomo fish trying to pick-up their technique. I have tried myself but had not mastered the art of lure fishing. Well I am proud to say in my 29 years I have finally managed to catch one. It was approx 17 in. Of course I had to throw it back but I was just esctatic. I did however get frustrated while I was there because a boat came in which is fine it was a guide service that was I assume showing people how to fish. Well anyways from what I understood you could not clean your fish and toss the remains back in the lake. Well low and behold that is what he did. The fish went wild for the remains and didn't bother to even chase my lure anymore :mad: . Even one of his people told him that the conservation dept posted that they couldn't do that and his words were what they don't know don't hurt me. I just thought that was pretty lame. Anyways I still caught one and i hope with a little more watching and trying I can catch more.

Kelly

mildred623
06-05-2005, 07:22 AM
That is terrible that even the guides dont follow the rules.
I guess I didnt word my question right maybe, what I was wanting to know is here where we live there are places that you can pay someone to clean the fish for you and store them at their business till you are ready to go home.

This is what I was wondering if they have anywhere in Branson that will do that for you. My husband always cleans his own fish but since we are staying in a motel it would just be a bit inconvenient. If there is anywhere that offers this service I would appreciate someone giving me the name of the place.

troutlover
06-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Hey Mildred623,
I have never heard of a place like you are asking about but I can tell you that there are several resorts along taneycomo that have fish cleaning stations. I generally stay at Trout Hollow Lodge. The cost is about the same as a motel but here you have a kitchenette. Catch and cook trout within minutes!!