PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ridden the Eureka Springs Train?

Suselit
05-01-2005, 08:56 PM
http://www.esnarailway.com

Did you have the Lunch or Dinner or just ride the train?

What did you think of the trip?

Thanks,
Suse

sixmnms
05-01-2005, 09:15 PM
We rode it years ago.....14 years ago, I believe. We were somewhat disappointed, as it didn't seem like much of a ride for the price. A pretty short trip, then turn around a little loop sort of thing and come right back. To be fair, we were comparing it to the Texas State Railroad and there's just no comparison....maybe we were expecting too much. Maybe you'll get a reply from someone who's ridden it more recently.

Liana

Lydia1959
07-11-2005, 10:04 PM
DH and I had dinner on the train back on our honeymoon (18 years ago). The trip itself was quite short, if I remember correctly they turn around at the animal shelter - which was kind of depressing - seeing the dogs in cages. The food was good from what I recall and we did have to share a table with another couple whom we didn't know. Thankfully they were nice, but I found it a bit awkward. Didn't want to slurp my soup or anything like that. :-)

It may have changed some by now. We've been to ES I think 6 times and just did the train the one time.

Suselit
07-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Thank you, Sixmnms and Lydia1959, for helping me.

jrnew
07-11-2005, 11:13 PM
We did just the ride about three years ago. It was fun, but goodness it was a warm day and the train couldn't move fast enough to get any breeze to you! If it was a pleasant day no problem, but right now it would likely not as fun as it could be!

QueenAngie
07-23-2005, 06:15 PM
We did the train ride once. It was just not our cup of tea.

May I recommend an alternative?

Dogwood Canyon has a tram ride, tour
that runs for 2 hours with all kinds of
wildlife to view.

It is in the shade of the canyon
and even in the heat of the day,
was very cooling.

Beautiful park setting with lots of
trout and many other things to do too.

We saw buffalo, deer, elk, wild turkeys,
and was so interesting.
Our guide was very knowledgeable.