PDA

View Full Version : Passion Play Review

Jerm
10-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Last Friday night was my first time of seeing The Great Passion Play in Eureka Springs. It was SO amazing to see! The set is built all over the side of a moutain and you could see the actors and actresses move from one area to the next. You could even watch as Jesus carried his cross every step of the way up the Via Dolorosa. Everything about the production is so spectacular. If I am not mistaken I think the parts are prerecorded and the actors and such just act them out. You could hear every word spoken as the sound was so clear. The drive down to Eureka was beautiful in its own right with the trees changing colors. If you have never been you need to go to Eureka Springs and check out not only the town but also The Great Passion Play.

:):)

LadyDrifter
10-14-2004, 08:34 PM
The parts are prerecorded from what I could tell also. That was one part that I didn't particularly care for. The sounds was good, yes, but I guess I just prefer the old fashioned way. Of course, there is no way it probably would work without it that way. Those sets are awesome! I tell you what I respect... those actors/actresses have to be in good shape to run back and forth and up and down that hill. They wore me out just watching them. :) I agree. If you have never seen this play, you need to at least once.

Suselit
10-18-2004, 05:32 PM
I believe that last year the whole soundtrack was redone.
I, too loved the whole experience of The Passion Play...the Potter's play, the HolyLand Tour, The Statue, The Berlin Wall section...the meal, the gift shops the Bible Museum...everything was great.

Johnna
02-10-2005, 06:02 AM
Is there a website for more info about this show?

Thanks,
Johnna

LadyDrifter
02-10-2005, 07:04 AM
Here you go...

http://www.greatpassionplay.com/

Johnna
02-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Thanks!

Johnna

PUMPKIN
02-13-2005, 12:01 PM
:) To get into Eureka Springs for other Info try this www.eurekasprings.com I hope this will give you more about what is there. :p